The Manager of LATAM Payroll HR Services is responsible for managing the company's overhead payroll operations in Mexico and will support HR Services management of and ongoing service delivery support to key stakeholders in HR Services, Legal, Finance and Human Resources. This role will drive process standardization, automation, and improved controls to ensure process effectiveness and efficiencies.
The Daily – Major Activities
Oversee operations of the payroll function in LATAM
• Develop, implement and maintain procedures to ensure accurate and timely processing of payrolls in the LATAM
• Work with Legal, Finance and HR to ensure payroll compliance in LATAM.
• Point of contact for day to day LATAM payroll operations, liaising with local territory teams as needed.
• Entry point of contact for all LATAM employees for all payroll questions.
• Ensure payroll service delivery is accurate, timely and aligned with service level agreements.
• Identify opportunities and help to implement continuous improvements for procedures in the payroll area.
Work closely with the local HR team and the payroll vendor on all payroll related reporting,
Manage payroll vendor relations within LATAM
• Manage the ongoing relationship with payroll vendor(s) for LATAM.
• Track and log global payroll vendor's performance (i.e., open tickets, SLAs, etc).
• Review and validate vendor invoices for payroll services.
• Facilitate regular status meetings with the vendor.
Escalate issues and risks to the vendor and within Warner Media
Manage LATAM integration process for payroll
• Point of contact regarding the update of LATAM payroll data to the general ledger (work with Technology to resolve any translation/interface issues and perform payroll account reconciliations as needed).
• Provide global payroll reporting services to HR Services, Finance, HR and Legal as needed.
• Assist and support key stakeholders in Finance by providing information needed for account reconciliation, tax and other financial processes (e.g., preparation of salary and vacation accruals) as needed.
• Facilitate and support current payroll processes as part of interim procedures during the payroll implementation/rollout.
Manage LATAM payroll activities for the region to include:
• Develop and maintain a well-trained payroll team
• Working to design, implement and execute payroll operations in the region (i.e., processes, procedures, reporting).
• Liaise with the vendor to address employee inquiries and requests for reporting, etc.
• Monitor and report on the performance of the vendor.
• Respond to all payroll related questions
• Manage Year End Reporting
Other projects as required
• Minimum 5 years of LATAM payroll, finance or within LATAM required
• Experience managing a third-party payroll vendor(s)
• Direct experience and understanding of related requirements in payroll/compensation for LATAM is required
• Minimum 5 years of management/supervisory experience in a payroll environment required
• Experience with systems and processes required (Workday, PeopleSoft and SAP)
• Understanding of regulations related to salaries, taxes, benefits and other LATAM payroll related matters required
The Nice to Haves
• Strong finance skills including knowledge of best practices in areas of LATAM payroll a plus
• Experience with Finance and HR operations a plus
• Payroll certification a plus.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, union status, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5ox87-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.