Full Time Job
Warner Bros. Discovery
- Full Time
Job DescriptionLanguaging Coordinator (F/M/D)
Your New Role
The Languaging Coordinator is a critical member of Warner Bros. Discovery's Languaging team. This position will be responsible for the German Voice Over Dubbing of numerous hours of US factual content for our German TV channels.
Excellent German and English language knowledge and strong interest in factual content are indispensable preconditions for successfully performing this role.
The Languaging Coordinator will support the regional Languaging team and will partner closely with the German programming team, as well as the media operations team. The role will require constant communication with the external dubbing studios.
• Coordination and editorial approval of dubbing and subtitling projects (non-fictional content) in close cooperation with our internal teams such as programming, material procurement, production, acquisitions, youth protection, on-air promotion etc.
• Ensure the timely delivery of all dubs in order to meet TX/release deadlines; issue alerts if schedules are falling behind
• Troubleshooting any unforeseen challenges
• Communication and cooperation with authors and translators, freelance editors and dubbing studios as well as with the head office in London
• Selection of voice actors for sound recordings
• Editorial processing and final approval of the German scripts for dubbing sessions
• Database maintenance, invoicing process
Qualifications & Experience
• Excellent linguistic intuition and absolute linguistic correctness
• Relevant experience gained in a similar role
• Creativity in phrasing and attention to detail
• Editorial experience and sound general knowledge
• Outstanding speaking and writing skills in German and English; further language skills appreciated
• Knowledge of localisation tools and technology
• Distinct social and communication skills
• Cooperative, team oriented, hands-on mentality
• Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Severely disabled employees are welcome in our company and will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified. Flexible working hours are offered to assist.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjyq51-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.