Your New Role
• Lead transactional mergers and acquisitions counsel responsible for acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures worldwide, with primary responsibility for Americas transactions
• Manage team of M&A and real estate lawyers, paralegals and administrative professionals
Your Role Accountabilities
• Advise regarding transaction structuring and regulatory considerations applicable to acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures in Americas
• Negotiate and draft confidentiality agreements, term sheets / MOUs, and definitive transaction documents for acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures in Americas, inc. leading deal teams composed of internal specialists and external counsel; manage transaction closing process
• Manage transaction regulatory clearance processes together with internal and external regulatory counsel
• Advise regarding various post-closing transactional matters and ongoing joint ventures
• Advise regarding minority investments
• Advise regarding general corporate matters
• Manage and advise M&A and real estate team
Qualifications & Experience
• At least 20 years of progressively senior, hands'-on experience in mergers and acquisitions, including divestitures and joint ventures, with prominent law firm and/or in-house M&A legal department of large corporation
• Media / entertainment industry experience a plus, but not required
• Law degree from accredited law school required
• Member in good standing of applicable state bar; New York bar preferred
• Excellent legal analytical, negotiation and drafting skills
• Extensive mergers and acquisitions expertise
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal personnel, including senior management at the highest levels
• Effective and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders
• Business orientation: possess experience and judgment to balance legal risk and business needs appropriately
• Effective managerial skills; commitment to developing M&A and Real Estate team members
• Ability to organize work effectively, managing multiple projects under time constraints
• Commitment to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion
• Demonstrate a collegial, team-oriented work attitude in a global organization
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $388,570.00 - $721,630.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk8y94-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.