WBG Odyssey in Brighton are on the lookout for a Design Director to join our small, talented team as one of its leaders.
Our mission is to build on the success of the award-winning LEGO Star Wars Battles and create new high quality free to play games, drawing on the roster of Intellectual Properties owned by Warner Bros.
You're friendly, eager to learn, and will thrive in our informal environment.
• Be a studio leader, emphasizing player delight while building a great culture & a healthy business
• Establish, evangelize and own the design vision for our next hit mobile game, collaborating to refine the game direction from concept to live-ops
• Collaborate closely with a world class game team, leveraging your end-to-end knowledge of large-scale mobile games to build amazing + deep play experiences that players will love for years to come
• Lead & directly manage design team: recruiting, mentoring, inspiring and empowering design talent -- setting development priorities for the design team including training, individual development plans, staffing decisions, mentor relationships, and career planning
• Set the culture and tone for the game design discipline
• Translate nuanced ideas into lean feature sets; create elegant solutions that enable great player experiences
• Able to draft and evolve design documents fit for work breakdowns in collaboration with the team
• Love of deep + social games
• Love of data and iteration
• Determined simplifier, capable of expressing a vision with a lean and elegant feature set
• Expert at driving consensus, creating alignment, and inspiring teams
• Expert systems designer oriented toward multiple interacting game systems
• Passionate gamer with in-depth knowledge of multiple game genres
• Demonstrable Design leadership background on live services games
• Experience leading prototype teams & mobile free to play live service teams
• Experience working with intellectual property including approval flows
• Experience with in-engine implementation, Economy Design, Narrative Design, and Design Tools
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r06pm1-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.