Warner Bros. Discovery
London, United Kingdom
Your New Role
As a Content Supply & Rights Assistant your focus will be on ownership of rights and restrictions across all mediums for all social & digital content and touchpoints. You will be in charge of managing and distributing the information with the relevant teams.
Your Role Accountabilities:
• Research, review and interpret key provisions in programming waivers and the company's rights management systems.
• Provide accurate and timely programming rights clearance interpretation and advice, as well as content editing rights, to the social & digital team and connected third-party agencies.
• Work with the Photo Ops team on the management of images and their distribution across social & digital touchpoints.
• Manage additional material and its licencing/restrictions provided by production companies (e.g: recipe usage for websites)
• Work closely with our social and YouTube agencies, to deliver requested episodes that will be used to create short-form content for our touchpoints.
• Work with central teams to secure short-form and web content that can then be localised for UK social feeds and websites
• Work closely with commissioning teams and production companies to obtain contributor information and advice on their use across online promotional materials.
• Attend and contribute to brainstorming sessions with wider Social & Digital teams around key franchises.
Experience and Qualifications
• Previous experience in a similar function within a global organisation.
• Some knowledge of rights and legalities relating to content
• Strong IT skills and an understanding of working with databases
• Ability to look for opportunities to improve workflows and processes.
• Will be confident, comfortable speaking up in agency meetings and suggesting solutions to problems.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment where cohesiveness and fluidity is key.
• A love of entertainment and factual content
• Understanding of industry and production workflow
• Of Discovery Network UK flagship brands
• Of the broadcast, media and digital industries
• Demonstrates good consumer understanding and insights
This role is based in our London office in Chiswick with some flexibility to work from home.
Finally, if you're excited to bring your skills to our team, then what are you waiting for? We're looking forward to your application.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d83weq-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.