Your New Role...
Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) is looking for a Company Secretary to join our EMEA Corporate Governance Legal team, based in Chiswick, on a hybrid basis. We're looking for an experienced legal professional to provide WBD with general commercial and corporate legal support. Your focus will be corporate governance and entity management in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). You will be performing general Company Secretarial duties on behalf of WBD's UK companies and to handle all aspects of corporate governance matters for WBD's entity portfolio throughout EMEA. This role will ensure that WBD is properly exercising its fiduciary duties and will include drafting, and reviewing documents related to aligned entities, including formation documents, board and shareholder meeting minutes, and other compliance documentation. You will need to be comfortable coordinating and project managing with a variety of stakeholders across all levels of the organisation around the World, on key projects. We're looking for someone who is a pro-active planner and experienced in coordination with cross-functional teams to effectively support the corporate structure. You will need to be a highly collaborative individual, a team player and someone who thrives in an autonomous role. This Company Secretary will belong to a team of experienced global lawyers, company secretaries and paralegals, dedicated to successfully maintaining our corporate governance records; this includes the ability to collaborate, effectively communicate, and share expertise on local legal requirements.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Preparation of corporate filings for EMEA entities; maintenance of statutory books; drafting of corporate documents such as minutes, resolutions, board of director changes, annual confirmation statements & reports, entity formation and qualification documents, officer certificates and operating agreements, company strike-offs and liquidations, name changes, and tracking registrations/filing annual reports (200+) EMEA subsidiaries
• Collating information on EMEA company law requirements in respect to corporate trading disclosures and reviewing EMEA companies' stationery for compliance
• Obtain apostilles and other legalizations of corporate records
• Provide information, copies of documents and certificates to a wide range of internal and external clients including Tax, Finance, HR, Payroll and Treasury Departments, as well as, vendors, clients, outside counsel and internal counsel - in EMEA and the US
• Provide local EMEA and US attorneys with administrative support for activities related to corporate restructurings, such as mergers, formations, and dissolutions
• Coordinating and receiving board and committee signatures for documents and materials
• Maintain the corporate structure database for entities in EMEA as an accurate, up-to-date repository of information, communicating relevant company changes in the US and EMEA, acting as a central resource for corporate-related queries
• Keeping up-to-date with corporate governance best practice and advising directors and officers of EMEA group entities of their rights and responsibilities, including directors' duties under local law and D&O insurance and indemnification issues
• Working with other members of the EMEA Corporate Governance Legal team on special projects and initiatives
Qualifications & Experience...
• Extensive relevant legal experience
• Solid entity management knowledge
• Qualified as a company secretary and registered with The Chartered Governance Institute UK & Ireland
• Detail-oriented and highly organised with an ability to work well under pressure
• Strong stakeholder management skills with ability to work with people at all levels
• Team player, a collaborative individual with an ability to also work independently
• Establishes priorities in managing multiple projects simultaneously, efficiently coordinates work activities and provides quick turnaround without compromising quality
• Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information requiring a high level of discretion, respect, and integrity
• Office365, hCue, iManage, SharePoint, Smartsheet skills/knowledge/experience
• Strong work ethic, learns quickly, takes responsibility, and works both independently and as a contributing team member
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills with a friendly and professional attitude
• Exercises good judgment and recognizes when to ask for help or escalate issues
• Demonstrates strong people skills and ability to work with individuals at all levels and in all areas of the organization
• Demonstrates superior organizational skills, attention to detail and strong computer skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6joy8-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.