Business Intelligence & Analytics Manager (16 month FTC)
Your New Role
CNN International Commercial (CNNIC) is responsible for the business operations of CNN's properties outside of the United States. All commercial activities for brands such as CNN International, CNN Arabic, CNN Style and CNN Business are aligned within the division. This encompasses the advertising sales, sponsorship partnerships, commercial content development, content sales, brand licensing, distribution and out-of-home operations, business development and marketing for the world's leading international news provider.
The Business Intelligence & Analytics Manager will support the overall intelligence and analytics team, driving innovation and ensuring we are finding effective and efficient ways to communicate competitive, market, product and digital audience intelligence through automation. This position will manage a team responsible for creating a data discipline that allows us to be better, smarter and more efficient with what we do with data & insights across the business.
The core purpose of this role will be to bridge the gap between our data & analytics service offering with our sales strategy and global client solutions across CNNIC. This requires:
• Delivering analytics and reporting capabilities to the internal business partners with a focus on consistency, scale, and operation excellence using the latest cutting-edge solutions and approaches
• Organising ourselves for success through consistency, centralisation and collaboration to turn insights into change & action
• Supporting the development, communication and implementation of our growth strategies through data-led solutions & approaches
This position will work across digital analytics, content insights, social analytics, market intelligence platforms, data management and visualization tools to transform and evolve our analytical and reporting systems. The role requires the candidate to inform and support the overall Audiences & Data playbook and roadmap. You will collaborate and work in close partnership with the Audience Insights Director, Content Insights, Client Strategy and Sales to provide 'fast', 'self-serve' and 'real-time' information and predictive insights that support hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue.
Your Role Accountabilities
• Responsible for leading the team of digital insights and data analysts and managing the team pipeline, quality of output and timely delivery of projects
• Understand the revenue targets and current performance to provide the required support to commercial teams to achieve these targets
• Develop and deliver business intelligence (BI) and analytical solutions whilst leverage cloud infrastructures to help the business make fast and accurate decisions at various levels
• Collaborate with business units across international to understand business challenges and identify (commercial) opportunities related to the use of data
• Communicate insights from analysis or future benefits of a data product to key executive stakeholders
• Continue to drive and enhance our data and reporting capabilities, evolving our solutions to be more automated, real-time and predictive
• Institutionalise the use of data-driven analytics in ad sales, client strategies, client solutions and digital revenue strategy
• Projects will include designing and building automated dashboard reports to address key business questions and provide visibility on performance; collaborating with CNNIC Ad Sales, Operations and Strategic Planning leadership to determine the best means of communicating business trends, competitive intelligence, digital analysis and analytical insights; providing regular audience reporting and analytics to support Ad Sales, Editorial and Product in monitoring digital content performance across all digital platforms for international.
Skills and Qualifications
• Proven experience in a strategic leadership role and architecting business intelligence data platforms
• Strong statistical background, familiarity with modern data warehouses and data lakes, experience with SQL-like tools, and scripting languages (R, Python).
• Experience with predictive modelling or machine learning
• Experience with working with database systems – Snowflake, Domo, and Looker is a plus
• Experience of database design and modelling of complex data structures.
• Good working knowledge of performance tuning and optimisation of large datasets
• Experience working with first party audience insights and analytics approaches
• Extensive experience deciphering data and spot audience and sales trends across regions and categories Global understanding of cultural differences and sensitivities
• Harness a querying instinct to question why findings are as they are – pushing beyond reporting metric shifts and hunting for the story and the why
• Understand the ad-tech and data-tech landscape to connect audience insights to audience targeting to audience validation
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz2oyq-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.