New York, NY
Your New Role...
You've done the internships, learned the basics, and grasped the technology you need to do the job – now this position is where you can start cutting your teeth on a top business program, and be part of a high performing team.
Candidates for Associate Producer on Quest Means Business should be highly enthusiastic and willing to work on several fronts to build an intelligent, relevant and highly creative news program. Whether it's through researching stories, cutting video elements, helping to create graphics, or simply offering something different, you will help produce the kinds of signature segments the program is known for.
You will be trained to write segments in the program and/or short news pieces under tight deadlines, and will identify and publish the best material from the daily show to go online or be promoted across the network. For the right candidate, this is the break you've been seeking in television news
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Support news and business shows.
• Pitch ideas and angles for daily segments in our editorial meeting
• Build business graphics and/or track down props
• Coordinate video needs for assigned shows and ensure packages, look lives, or any other media needs are ready for air.
• Post strongest show segments to social media
Qualifications & Experience...
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of two years of experience in network television or major-market news production. Newsroom & live control room experience preferred.
• The ability to accept change, remain flexible and handle multiple tasks simultaneously are keys to success in the position, as is the ability to ask for help when needed.
• C andidates must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and control room personnel, capable of meeting deadlines and able to function calmly and effectively in high-pressure, breaking news situations.
• Must be able to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment, including in a live control room.
• Must be willing to work any shift including weekends and overnights.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8x7m6-44-200-101-84-42 in your application.