Warner Bros. Discovery, Inc. is an American multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate headquartered at 230 Park Avenue South in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, United States.
The company was formed through the merger of WarnerMedia and Discovery, Inc., completed on April 8, 2022. The company's name is a combination from the Warner Bros. film studio and the Discovery Channel pay TV network.
The primary responsibility of the Record to Report (RTR) Assistant Manager is to deliver quality accounting services for Warner Bros. Discovery entities. The role will be based in Hyderabad, India and will report directly to the Manager – Record to Report based in India. This RTR Assistant Manager position will be responsible for monthly processes and controls related to rent, property taxes, asset retirement obligations, and amortization of prepaid occupancy expenses. Additionally, this role will be responsible for lessor accounting with our owned properties. The role will also prepare monthly/quarterly actuals vs forecast variance explanations. The ideal candidate has strong oral and written communication skills and a high level of professionalism.
What you will be doing:
• Standard working hours for this role will be from 11:00am – 8:00pm (local time). However, during the month end close and transition, additional efforts will be required to ensure overlap of India and US time zone.
• Standard working hours are 11:00am – 8:00pm (local time). Month-end close and transition period working hours are 2:00pm – 11:00pm (local time)
• Day to day accounting and support for the real estate portfolio in Oracle FINesse
• Own real estate and equipment lease activity from our various business partners
• Read and analyze lease contracts and convert to lease abstracts
• Prepare/review account reconciliations, analysis, and certifications
• Analyze operational variances between current month and prior month
• Perform Ad-hoc projects and tasks to support the team.
• Facilitate rent payments to lessors
What you need to have:
• Chartered Accountant (CA) or path to CPA required
• Minimum of 5-7 years of accounting experience, preferably in US GAAP environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, soft skills, interpersonal skills
• Experience working in Multinational/Multicultural organization matrix
• Agility, flexibility, analytical, problem solving, putting extra effort to serve business-oriented goals
• Self-motivated and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines
• Initiative and willingness to take on additional responsibilities
• High emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, data analysis, and process innovation
• Detail-oriented and high energy
• Unceasing curiosity and the courage to challenge the status quo
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and advanced functions, Word, and PowerPoint
It's a plus if you have:
• Big 4 public accounting background and prior exposure to work in a captive Finance Shared Service Centre
• Self-driven attitude every day, with willingness to GROW and take on more tasks
• Skills to work in a fast-paced environment that will be changing together with you
• SAP S/4 Hana, Oracle, Hyperion, or any ERP systems.
• CoStar Real Estate Manager system
• Blackline reconciliation experience
• Media industry experience
• Required to be in the Hyderabad office three days a week (specific days to be determined upon hire)
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g449b7-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.