Your New Role…
CNN is looking for an experienced journalist with strong news gathering abilities and leadership skills to support the weekend assignment desk for the Washington bureau. The Editor should be a collaborative team player who can clearly and succinctly distill news and disseminate information across various news platforms. Hours for this position will include working Saturday and Sunday evenings.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Pushing the editorial envelope on stories that help CNN distinguish itself from our competition.
• Newsgathering using traditional methods as well as social media and guiding the story from conception through completion.
• Creating content for both internal consumption and external publishing on all CNN platforms with the finesse of an established writer.
• Supporting reporter and producer teams in the field and clearly communicating editorial and logistical information between team, digital newsgathering, and shows.
• Assisting with formulating coverage plans and logistics around newsgathering deployments, including White House coverage.
• Developing and maintaining sources and experts.
• Leading team to meet editorial goals and deadlines, continually focused on improvement of newsgathering.
Qualifications & Experience…
• BA/BS in Journalism preferred, Television-Film Production, Communications, or related discipline.
• 4 or more years' experience in news environment at a major network/local station.
• Previous newsroom experience.
• Newsgathering in social media outlets.
• 4+ year experience TV/digital writing experience preferred.
• Previous Assignment Editor experience preferred.
• Strong general news judgment and editorial skills.
• Understanding of CNN newsgathering.
• Strong logistical ability.
• Able to make fast decisions and prioritize competing demands.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Able to work independently under pressure.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxxwvz-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.