Warner Bros. Games San Diego is creating the next generation of high quality, cross-platform games that bring iconic and beloved characters to life. Join our growing team of talented game makers and be a foundational part of a dynamic new studio as we strive to make an impact on the future of AAA free-to-play games.
Your New Role...
WB Games San Diego is creating the next generation of high quality, cross-platform games that bring iconic and beloved characters to life. Join our growing team of talented game makers and be a foundational part of a dynamic new studio as we strive to make an impact on the future of AAA free-to-play games.
WBG SD is looking for a VFX Artist to create high-quality, stylized, and impactful VFX to complement various aspects of our game. You'll work closely with the extended art team, Lead Technical Artist, Art Director, designers, and engineers as you take VFX from conception through game engine integration. You must be well versed in industry game engines, industry standard art tools, as well as real-time, game functional effects techniques that are both visually stunning and performance friendly. This is an individual contributor position that designs and creates VFX work for assigned aspects of our game with a focus on technical troubleshooting and problem solving. This role can be permanently remote for candidates living in select states within the US
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Collaborate with the art team, game designers, producers & programmers in the creation and implementation of the game's VFX.
• Use industry-standard software packages to create VFX assets for a wide range of uses, from simple particle systems to complex gameplay-driven VFX.
• Work directly in the game engine to create and optimize stunning VFX.
• Contribute to the design and streamlining of VFX tools and development processes.
• Test functionality and bug fixing to ensure work is end user ready.
Qualifications & Experience...
• 3+ years professional experience in games development with a strong portfolio** demonstrating an ability to explore, visualize, and create stunning VFX.
• Degree in Interactive Media, Digital Arts, or equivalent work experience and success.
• Experience with effects authoring tools like Houdini, After Effects, Maya, etc.
• Experience building real-time game-ready effects in UE4/5 (Niagara/Cascade) or equivalent engine.
• A working knowledge of the limitations and expectations of current and next generation hardware.
• A good background in 3D modeling, lighting, and animation.
**Must have portfolio link on resume!
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $63,000.00 - $117,000.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvzq00-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.