Artist, Technical (Remote)
Warner Bros. Games San Diego is creating the next generation of high quality, cross-platform games that bring iconic and beloved characters to life. Join our growing team of talented game makers and be a foundational part of a dynamic new studio as we strive to make an impact on the future of AAA free-to-play games.
WB Games San Diego:
WB Games San Diego is creating the next generation of high quality, cross-platform games that bring iconic and beloved characters to life. Join our growing team of talented game makers and be a foundational part of a dynamic new studio as we strive to make an impact on the future of AAA free-to-play games.
WB Games is seeking a talented Technical Artist for our brand-new San Diego game studio! The Technical Artist acts as a bridge between artists and programmers, supporting, creating, and documenting workflows, tools, visual effects, and any other technical art requirements needed for the project. Experience is required in all aspects of the development process from script writing to visual effects. The Technical Artist reports to the Lead Technical Artist and works with the various art, animation, and engineering leads.
• Be a bridge between Artists and Programmers, Designers and the technical requirements of the game
• Create content that is procedural/data driven
• Develop 3D look by developing and optimizing shading, lighting, particles/vfx or rendering in Unreal Engine 5
• Integrate and optimize game ready assets for use in UE5
• Investigate, define, create and advise on art creation pipelines and tools prior to and during production
• Troubleshoot and debug technical issues
• 3+ years game development experience
• Has shipped 1 or more commercially successful games
• Good understanding of one or more general purpose programming languages (C, C++, C#, etc.)
• Knowledge and experience with game performance tools and optimization techniques
• Expertise in 3D graphics and excellent knowledge of the 3D production pipeline
• Advanced Maya and Unreal knowledge and experience
• Experience working with current-gen consoles or PC games (mobile experience a plus)
• Solid organizational skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols
• A working knowledge of the limitations and expectations of current and next generation hardware
• Must have portfolio link on resume
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmyke3-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.