For the past 25 years Monolith Productions has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-earth: Shadow of War, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next project is going to be our best yet. That's where you come in – for us to achieve that, we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Help us create our next AAA title.
Monolith Productions, a division of Warner Bros. Discovery, and the developers of Middle Earth: Shadow of War, is looking for an experienced and highly skilled writer to join the Narrative Team in the development of our AAA Wonder Woman game. The ideal candidate has a passion for creating player-driven stories and is able to create emotionally engaging moments while thinking in terms of storytelling systems. We're looking for someone with exceptional dialogue writing skills and a deep understanding of storytelling principles and conventions. You will work within a highly collaborative Narrative team that is committed to quality and a healthy and flexible work/life balance.
• Own key characters and storylines through all stages of development.
• Work independently and write a high volume of quality dialogue that is voice-driven, engaging, and tonally consistent with our world.
• Collaborate closely with the writing team, narrative designers, and the mission and presentation teams to craft dramatically compelling characters and stories.
• Contribute to the dialogue design for procedural conversations and fundamental story beats.
• Give and receive constructive feedback and iterate on work as the needs of the project develop.
• Write story treatments, casting bios, story bible entries, and support the voice recording process.
• Act as the primary point of contact for external contract writers, rewriting and polishing dialogue where necessary.
• Bachelor's degree preferred in English or similar major, or equivalent game writing experience.
• 5+ years of game writing experience with superior work on story, characters, and dialogue, preferably on a AAA open world game.
• A passion for new ways to tell stories and an understanding and interest in writing procedural content.
• A solid understanding of tone, character, and perspective.
• Familiarity with Wonder Woman.
The Nice To Haves
• Experience working with actors and voice directors.
• Experience writing procedural dialogue.
• Experience managing or mentoring external or junior writers.
• Published works of fiction, produced screenplays, stage plays, comics, or short films.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $101,500.00 - $188,500.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro66o6-3-237-29-69-42 in your application.