Your New Role...
Reporting to the Agency Sales Manager, the Account Executive role is to support the Agency Team, specifically the Group Agency Lead & Senior Agency Lead in achieving their TV and Digital revenue budgets by assisting in a range of commercial functions, including client service, assisting in the response to briefs, and campaign management.
• Contribution to achieving monthly team targets for Discovery New Zealand's Television and Digital platforms
• Building strong and effective relationships with agencies and clients and providing exceptional customer service
• Presenting to agencies on relevant occasions such as WIP meetings
• Assisting the sales team with revenue tracking and forecasting
• Using research and insights to support the sales team in negotiations
• Assisting the sales team with writing and presenting responses to briefs
• Understanding the principles of TV and Digital planning and buying and
• Keeping clients and agencies updated on key information on the Discovery portfolio
• Strong knowledge of the Discovery portfolio platforms, channels, and content
• Assisting Sales Coordinators as the senior leader within the team on managing and processing client bookings. Support the coordinators at key periods including quarterly laydown.
• Supporting excellence and best practice usage of BTS across the team
• Contributing to revenue opportunities across the full range of Discovery products
• Monitor and report on Client commitments to ensure they are on track to deliver as contracted
• Assist with constructing Trading WIPS, quarterly business updates, Digital meetings, client commitment reviews and post analysis presentations
• Proactively identify opportunities to grow revenue across the team client portfolio i.e. Sponsorship opportunities and Digital products
• Build positive & collaborative internal relationships and work closely with all relevant Discovery departments
• Contribute to a positive culture that embodies the Discovery values and lead by example
• Other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience include...
• An Account Executive must possess a high degree of personal initiative and drive, be a confident communicator, have excellent attention to detail and have a strong desire to work within the media industry.
• 1-2 years' experience in a media organisation or media agency
• A broad understanding of the media industry
• Understanding of media sales and some knowledge on how to influence revenue outcomes
• Ability to build strong relationships and a strong customer service ethic
• Confident communication skills, written and oral
• Some experience in presenting
• Ability to be diplomatic when dealing with difficult situations
• Ability to prioritise work appropriately
• Able to work well under pressure
• Highly organised and able to meet deadlines
• Experience in Television and/or Digital Media
• Tertiary qualification in a relevant field
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0q216-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.