16WAPT, The Hearst Owned ABC Affiliate in Jackson, MS,has an opening for a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. We are seeking a photographer with the ability to capture the essence of what's happening in the field, and then bring it vividly into the homes of our viewers. This member of our team will spend several hours each day editing for newscasts and several hours each day out in the field shooting, editing, and executing live shots for stories. The winning candidate is also tech savvy and up-to-date on the most modern aspects of our medium. You must be able to shoot on Sony XD Cam, GoPro, on laptop computer and iPhone, and edit in Adobe Premiere and utilize the ENG, SNG, and wireless data to feed completed work to the station. Excellent editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization, and knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Precis, ABC and CNN platforms are critical. An excellent eye for video and the highest journalistic standards are a must. If you are quick acting, quicker thinking, and technically savvy, we want you working in our newsroom.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after August 25, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
• Shooting and editing of VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for Broadcast Air and On-line postings
• Working with the Assignment Desk and Reporters to cover daily stories.
• Gathers video and still pictures for digital platforms
• Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
• Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
• Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from crews in the field.
• Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video.
• Will produce and publish content to our online platforms
• Must have computer and software experience.
• Previous newsroom experience preferred.
• Related military experience will be considered.
• Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
• Efficient Operation on ENG trucks
• Can work in all weather conditions
• Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver's license and a near-perfect driving record
• Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
• Can organize and prioritize
• Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn't wait to be told what to do
• Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4jzo1-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.