Executive Producer - WANF
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER (Lifestyle) - WANF
WANF (previously WGCL/CBS46) has served Atlanta communities for more than 50 years with local news, weather, sports, and entertainment. WANF & WPCH are owned by Gray Television, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Would you like to work in the #6 market in a city with a thriving economy and a vibrant culture? WANF and WPCH provide the community with award-winning local news coverage, dedicated community service, and effective marketing solutions for area businesses. Come to Atlanta for the opportunity. The energy. The chance to dream where there's space to contribute. Where creatives, universities, entrepreneurs, and the world's biggest brands intersect. Atlanta has a unique culture all its own with a young population, a bustling city center packed with urban parks and amenities, and famously walkable neighborhoods.
The Executive Producer of Lifestyle, a Creative Services managerial role, will be managing a team of producers and hosts that will produce a new, half-hour lifestyle program on WANF. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, mentoring and coaching the lifestyle team, quality control of the show, storytelling, the live viewer experience, and being a brand ambassador to ensure this show is entertaining and serving the community and our clients.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Working with the Creative Services Director and alongside the other Creative managers, the Executive Producer will lead the lifestyle show team to produce a new lifestyle show that will feature original enterprise content, live studio interviews, paid segments, and sponsored franchises.
- It will also feature trending and buzzworthy news and pre-produced stories showcasing the very best our community has to offer. The ideal candidate thrives when working with a team, exhibits strong editorial judgment, and is willing to do what it takes to get the best stories and guests.
- As the Executive Producer, you'll lead the show's editorial process, regularly create and assign compelling enterprise content, develop story ideas, and generate innovative broadcasts that use intentional creative strategy. You will also need to build and source contacts throughout the community and utilize Gray's network of stations to source lifestyle content.
- The show in development will air Monday through Friday, including some holidays, throughout the year. The ideal candidate will bring extensive time management and project logistical skills to the team, making sure we stay ahead of deadlines. The candidate will work closely with sales management and account executives on sponsored content, interviews, and client-related projects as well.
- As the leader of the lifestyle team, the ideal candidate should foster a fun, inspired, and creative environment for the team, coaching and leading the group to develop their skills and their careers.
- The candidate will work with peers across News, Operations, Sales, and Programming departments and should have excellent communication skills.
- Minimum 5 years show producing. Three years of management preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Broadcasting, Communications, or equivalent training/experience
- Resume reel is required
- Experience with producing software, and non-linear editing systems including Adobe Creative Suite, and experience with video camera, lighting, and audio equipment
- Ability to lift and carry equipment including tripod, camera, and lights
- Ability to produce content in the field independently
- Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production timelines
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references.
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WANF-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjy1b2-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.