Part-time Temporary Digital Producer
WANE is looking for a part-time temporary digital producer ready to take their skills to the next level in a newsroom that fosters growth and development. The Digital Producer produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production content specifically for digital and social media platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to wane.com and our mobile apps. This is a weekend position with no on-air responsibility. Saturday and Sunday evening hours are required.
• Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events
• Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms
• Curates the content of WANE.com to best serve our web viewing audience
• Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories
• Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects to isolate pertinent facts and details
• Determines a story's emphasis, length and format, and organizes material accordingly
• Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories to be able to provide complete and accurate information
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions
• Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community
• Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities or positions
• Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts
• Revises work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
Working toward a bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record
ALL applicants must apply on-line at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar. Please upload resume.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7wm16-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.