Walt Disney Television
Executive Producer (Walt Disney Television)
WTVD/ABC 11 News, the ABC Owned Television station in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina has an immediate opening for an Executive Producer (Dayside) to join the ABC11 News team. The Executive Producer manages daily newscasts and content in conjunction with other news managers. The ideal candidate must have a keen understanding of multi-platform strategy and have a track record of breaking news success stories. The Executive Producer must able to guide, coach and mentor our staff.
• Execute big-picture goals while focusing on the details with daily content coverage
• Supervise Newscast Producers and provide consistent feedback to Producers by setting goals and tracking progress
• Inspire Producers in the development of compelling newscast production and story-telling
• Contribute strategic content ideas in editorial meetings
• Collaborate with Assignment Editors and Digital Producers on multi-platform breaking news coverage
• Work with the Audience Development team on newscast promotion across all platforms
• Copy edit scripts
• Manage Producer Schedules
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication or related field
• Minimum 5 years in news producing
• Management experience preferred
• Must have superior news judgment
• Demonstrated ability work under deadline pressures and work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be flexible with working hours and adaptable to change
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
WTVD Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.