HR Business Partner (Project Hire)
We are looking for an experienced HR Business Partner (HRBP) to support ABC News within Disney General Entertainment. The HRBP will collaborate with HR specialist teams and business leaders to help achieve the objectives of News client groups. They will serve as a consultant to business leaders to drive a number of key HR projects and other HR solutions that optimize employee productivity and engagement.
• Establish and maintain strong, positive, consultative relationships by working closely with business leaders and other employees.
• Responsible for the management of various HR projects, working in collaboration with key stakeholders to develop strong project plans with detailed understanding of deliverables, key milestones and success criteria.
• Provide day-to-day counsel on matters concerning employee relations, including performance improvement and compliance, working with both union and non-union employees
• Help operationalize diversity, equity and inclusion strategies to build cultural competence and business success
• Lead ongoing process efficiency & streamlining efforts
• Conduct workforce classification audits and create a plan to ensure compliance with federal and state laws
• Partner with leaders to review and update organizational structure and data to ensure readiness for successful implementation of Workday HR system
• Support the development & execution of employee engagement and onboarding initiatives
• Provide COVID-19 support for ABC News leaders and employees, tracking cases and ensuring access to resources. Serve as a key liaison in planning of phased return to the physical workplace
• Three (3) + years' experience as a HR Business Partner, or equivalent
• Proven experience in managing multiple, complex projects with strong time management & prioritization skills
• Demonstrates curiosity, business acumen and a desire to understand the 'big picture' when making decisions and recommending effective HR solutions
• Proven ability to manage conflict and the courage to challenge organizational thinking
• Ability to position self as a credible, proactive and trusted thought partner through building relationships and delivering business results
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey information in a clear and impactful manner for the appropriate audience
• Basic knowledge of HR industry practices and employment & labor law
• Proficient with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook (SAP and/or Workday experience preferred)
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, preferably in Business Management, Human Resources Management or a related discipline
*** Open to candidates working remotely
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.