We are looking for a Coordinator to join Disney General Entertainment's Corporate Communications and Corporate Social Responsibility team. In this role, you will help us tell stories that promote our businesses and our culture, and create new ways for us to connect with the world. This role will be directly involved in the strategic and operational activations of the Corporate Communications and Corporate Social Responsibility teams, including vetting charitable organizations, identifying opportunities for external and community engagement, and providing assistance with corporate communications strategies. This is a great opportunity to learn from and contribute to the success of both teams with specific responsibilities in multiple streams of work.
• Leverage deep proficiency of shared tech tools to build, manage, and maintain cross-functional databases
• Manage weekly report to DGE communications leadership team of active publicity, internal events, exec engagements and corporate/industry tent poles
• Maintain central measurement data for social responsibility campaigns and PSA reports to facilitate in the creation of the annual impact report
Research/Vet strategic engagements and partnerships
• Conduct comprehensive research and vetting of industry conference and executive speaking opportunities to provide recommendations for proactive engagement
• Conduct comprehensive research and vetting of nonprofit organizations to assess opportunities for partnership, funding, and/or support
• Coordinate wish-granting as the main liaison with Make-A-Wish and productions/talent across DGE's productions. (Travel, accommodations, on-set access, experience)
• Assist in creating communications assets and presentation material for strategic communications initiatives
• Assist in creating communications assets and presentation material to support and promote the social responsibility portfolio with internal and external stakeholders
• Manage and process all charitable in-kind and cash contributions to fulfill set partnership and sponsorship agreements – including communication with nonprofit partners.
• Other duties assigned
• Minimum two years of relevant work experience
• Proficient in internet-based research
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Approachable style and ability to effectively and professionally interface with all levels of management, including executive management, internal partners, and external contacts
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information, exercise good judgment and use discretion
• A self-starter - ability to take initiative, anticipate issues and proactively problem solve
• Strong organizational, time management skills and attention to detail. Proven experience in multi-tasking and working with multiple people and priorities, while delivering on high quality results and follow through in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrates curiosity, business acumen and a desire to understand the 'big picture'
• Enthusiastic attitude and strong work ethic
• Two or more years' experience working in corporate communications, corporate social responsibility, media relations, or public relations
• Familiarity with nonprofit, community outreach, and corporate volunteerism landscape
• Experience and intermediate skills in PowerPoint/KeyNote, Excel/SmartSheets, SAP, Adobe Illustrator
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
The Walt Disney Company Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.