The Studio Analytics team is responsible for developing a strategy and vision for cross-functional and complex data analysis projects. This team aggregates data across multiple CG-animated productions and transforms it into meaningful insights that inform decision making at both the operational and executive levels.
You must have a passion for production, data, and analytics as you will be the resident expert for production tracking across all projects at WDAS. You will provide a ''customer first'' approach in assisting production teams with show set ups, technical support and data visualization within our production tracking tool. You will play a vital role in building the next generation of statistical models, metrics, and visualizations to aid in production strategy and decision making. As an Analytics Developer, you will bring a technical background along with an engineering mindset to various analytical challenges everyday and make a direct impact on our productions.
• Work closely with the various production teams to help them with their production tracking and planning workflow needs
• Partner with Production Management leadership and production teams to establish best practices and standardized tracking workflows across shows
• Partner with stakeholders to establish and maintain the vision for the long term production tracking needs, and work with engineers to prioritize development effort
• Provides on the ground firefighting to the Production Management team for support issues, escalating and prioritizing to Technology as needed
Analytics and Development
• Develop and automate reports, iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide production insights at scale
• Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the data in our production tracking tool (production plans and actuals); and continually looking for ways to improve the way we capture
• and utilize the data
• Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to understand their business needs, assist in the completion of end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables, and presentations
• Utilize computational approaches to solve key business and strategic problems at both the production and studio level
• Assist in the documentation of production tracking and analytical-focused datasets, including any business or pipeline logic
• Collaborate with other engineering teams on infrastructure related projects
• Technical ability to analyze and understand a system in order to provide on-going expert guidance to users of that system
• Thrives on analytical and technical challenges; takes pride in solving them
• Software engineering experience (preferably in Python)
• Experience with Shotgun and/or other production tracking software highly desired
• Experience in communicating technically, at a level appropriate for the audience
• Comfortable in a creative environment
• Bachelor's degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g. Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science, Engineering), or equivalent work experience
WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019's Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g336jx-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.