The Platform Engineering team at Walt Disney Animation Studios builds tools and manages the infrastructure that artists use daily in creating our celebrated animated content. The Core Services team within Platform Engineering designs, implements, and manages the core infrastructure and services such as LDAP, DNS, DHCP, Single Sign On (SSO), Mobile Device Management (MDM), Virtualization, and Container Orchestration.
We are seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer with expertise in core Linux infrastructure as well as Mac and Windows technologies to support the tools and services needed for our current and future films. The role will primarily support technology initiatives focused on our Vancouver studio users, but will also collaborate on large scale projects with our Burbank teams as well. This role will partner with artists, production leadership, technical directors, and software engineers on the design and implementation of our on-premises and cloud server and desktop infrastructure.
Our studio thrives from a wide variety of technical backgrounds and experiences, so we encourage applicants to apply even if they have experiences not specified below. Bring your unique talents, passion and ideas to our team, and be a part of Disney's creative legacy! This is a regular, full time, staff position that will be located at our Vancouver, BC studio. Please note that relocation eligibility may be determined based on role and individual circumstance.
The Sr. Systems Engineer will provide technical engineering leadership within the Platform Engineering team and will work with the Production and Technology teams to provide highly available and scalable core infrastructure services. This includes system analysis, design, troubleshooting, and integration of new products and developing tools and strategies to improve existing systems.
Qualified candidates will have demonstrated expertise in design and management of tools and services dedicated to communication and collaboration. Critical to success in this role is an aptitude for working with a technical team to develop requirements and strategies, and to support the core services infrastructure.
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
• Demonstrated expertise in Linux and Mac OS X systems administration in a professional environment
• Development experience in Python or Go scripting languages
• Demonstrated understanding of software development methodologies and processes including agile methods, continuous integration and version control.
• Strong knowledge of LDAP, DNS, SSO, MDM, SMTP
• Understanding of TCP/IP networks, troubleshooting, and related technologies
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly in working within teams and among stakeholders
• Expertise in web server administration
• Mail routing and postfix administration
• Web development experience (HTTP, REST, XML, JSON)
• Kubernetes, Rancher, Helm and CI/CD experience.
• Virtualization technology experience a plus
Our Company proudly provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process.
WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019's Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Canada) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvob40-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.