Walt Disney Animation Studios
Remote / Virtual
Walt Disney Animation Studios combines the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring first class entertainment to the big screen for audiences around the world. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager, Post Production Feature Films to join the Post Production team at our Burbank, CA Studios.
The Senior Manager, Post Production Feature Films reports to the Vice President of Post Production to support all aspects of the post process for Walt Disney Animation Studios and Disney Nature Feature Films. This position will lead a team of Sound and Picture professionals.
• Drafts, implements and manages schedules which includes: Technically organizing and supervising feature show previews and screenings, recording sessions, mixing processes, sound checks and reviews for Directors and Executives. Offering solutions when conflicts arise, implementing schedules that allow for maximum flexibility and adaptation in the face of extremely tight timeline and last-minute changes.
• Responsible for the Post Production film budget which includes forecasting and reporting of costs through film delivery.
• Review and assess Post Production staffing needs for each Production with VP of Post Production.
• Manages a team of Media Technical Engineers and Re-recording Mixers that run the theater, transfer room, mixing and recording rooms that supports the daily operation for Feature Production. This includes providing coaching, feedback, development and time card approval.
• Manages the daily Post operation for Feature Productions, this includes: Partnering with the Music and Sound departments, Production Management, and Technology to provide support to deliver a premium Feature Film on schedule. Partnering with Publicity, Marketing and Consumer Products to schedule and deliver any sound content created from the Feature Films. Planning and communicating all schedule contingencies that support downstream processes; Including but not limited to facilitation of localization, dubbing, and subtitling. MPA ratings, international censor considerations, TV/airline versioning.
• Responsible for the technical delivery of all sound (with Lead re-recording mixer), to Disney distribution for all shows. This includes oversight of standard theatrical sound deliverables as well as ancillary (IMAX, Screen-X, D-Box, etc.) and post theatrical (home video, streaming, etc.) sound delivery.
• Works closely with DI Post Manager to sync up the delivery of the Feature picture and sound together, working with Disney Distribution, vendors, and crew to make sure shows are correctly wrapped and archived for posterity.
• Constantly assess sound wrap/archive procedures with Lead re-recording mixer, to maximize efficiency in an ever evolving technical landscape.
• Remain current as it applies to industry technology (e.g. Editing/ Screenings software).
• Responsible for the accuracy, technical delivery and final approval of end credits for all Feature Productions.
• At least 5 years of experience or equivalent in Post-Production in a Managerial role on Feature Films.
• Excellent attention to details and accuracy, strong time management, and organization skills.
• Proactive and resourceful.
• Ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, change course of action quickly and maintain professionalism under pressure.
• Interpersonal, listening, communication skills both verbal and written.
• Strong people skills, including the ability to work with and maintain relationships with outside vendors.
• Excellent technical knowledge of Animation Post Production and Editorial pipeline.
• Proficient with Macintosh, Microsoft Word, Excel, Calendar Maker, Keynote, Google calendar and Google docs.
• Knowledge of animation workflow in CG
• Experience working with unions (700 and SAG)
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made.