Executive Assistant, Physical Production
Production Secretary (OPEIU)
Walt Disney Animation Studios has been combining the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and adventures to the big screen for audiences around the world. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Production Department Secretary (OPEIU) to join the team at our Burbank, CA Studio.
Provide day-to-day administrative support to the Associate Producer and Production Manager. Partners with Production Office Manager to provide support in a wide range of projects. Directs all assistant related workflow on the production including, but not limited to, answering and screening calls, maintaining show and vacation calendars, scheduling meetings and travel arrangements, meeting and presentation preparation, opening and distributing mail, ordering supplies, maintaining files, preparing expense reports, photocopying, shipping materials and supporting departmental projects. This position will be responsible for coordinating and organizing various events, catering, happy hours, screenings, and offsites as well as accounting-driven aspects. Keep show content updated such as production aliases, Shotgun pages and Google docs and internal web site. Help to maintain the show conference room. Facilitate communication for crew on boarding and move planning.
• As the face of the production office must be professional, people orientated and demonstrate a positive attitude. And have the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible.
• Minimum 2 years administrative support experience, preferably in a Production environment
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Calendar and Google Docs
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and make decisions.
• Detail oriented with the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure
• Strong organizational and follow-thru skills; effective communicator
• Ability to work with and be sensitive to confidential information
• Strong people skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision
• Ability to manage up to several different supervisors
• Ability to lift ~ 20 pounds to assist production needs
• Proven knowledge of Walt Disney Company policies and procedures
• SAP experience
• Knowledge of animation or digital production process
College degree or equivalent preferred
*This position falls within the jurisdiction of the OPEIU collective bargaining agreement.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made.