WALB is the Flagship station for Gray Media Company. Located in beautiful Southwest Ga., WALB has been the News leader for our region since its existence in 1954...we are Southwest Ga.'s LOCAL news source! WALB has historically been known as a station that develops and grows young journalist, allowing them to become award winning leaders in the broadcast field. Home of Ray Charles, Luke Bryan, Phillip Phillips and Buster Posey, just to name a few, Albany is the birth place for talent. WALB as always been one of the best kept secrets for jobs in our area. To our viewers, our news talent are more than just content providers, their family!
WALB - Albany, GA
What it's like to live in Albany and work at WALB - Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI25F1MSeB8&feature=youtu.be
WALB is looking for a News Director who can lead and grow the next generation of Broadcast and Digital journalist. We are looking for an individual to take an historically strong broadcast news provider and continue to develop a culture that is aggressive and passionate. The candidate must have proven newsroom leadership experience with a track record of success. You will take charge of an award-winning news product and ensure it moves to the next level no matter where today's news consumers decide to watch or view us. The candidate must also demonstrate an understanding and enthusiasm for evolving digital, social and mobile media. You will ensure the station's content delivers audience growth by being distinct, research driven, and community focused.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Expertise in enhancing the presentation and delivery of news content through coaching and mentoring staff
• Strong editorial judgment and leader in the newsroom
• Understands the importance of recruiting and creating a culture of success in the newsroom
• Proven administrative skills with budgeting, planning and staff scheduling
• Ability to work closely with other station department heads and fellow managers within the company
• Ability to meet deadlines while handling multiple tasks
• Strong management, communication and people skills required to supervise and interact daily with staff and the community
• Proven leadership ability
• Creativity and passion for news
• Knowledge and understanding in using various digital and social platforms
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task in high stress situations
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r11bk0-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.