- Full Time
Job DescriptionAbout WAGM:
WAGM is a CBS and FOX affiliate, with the #1 rated 6PM News in the Nation! Bordering Canada to the north, east and west. We serve Aroostook County, an area larger than the state of Rhode Island and Connecticut combined. Here it is known simply as ''The County''. Enjoy the way life should be, here in the County. With its natural beauty; all four seasons offer new opportunities, from water sports on our numerous lakes, hiking and camping in Aroostook State Park, skiing Big Rock Mountain, or ATVing and snowmobiling our 2300 miles of groomed trails.
WAGM's Chief Meteorologist tells a great weather story and has a passion to keep their community safe with accurate and timely weathercasts. The Chief Meteorologist will lead our weather team, while developing weather forecasts for our evening and late newscasts, post timely weather and weather alerts on our digital platforms. May include occasional reporting on weather topics.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Analyze weather data and prepare detailed forecasts using the latest weather technology
• Prepare clear graphics to support weather presentation
• Communicate with viewers in a clear and concise manner
• Flexible schedule for severe weather scenarios, fill in and be on call when necessary
• Work closely with news management in designing presentation style and editorial content for weather presentations
• Post content to website and station social media platforms
• Ability to work well under pressure
• All other duties assigned by management
• A Bachelor's degree in meteorology
• Prior experience as a broadcast meteorologist (amount will vary depending on specific position)
• Strong on-air communication skills
• Ability to work as part of an on-air team and part of a weather team
• Knowledge with WSI Max and their various platforms a plus
• Ability to be creative with graphic design and presentation
• Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast weather
• Proficient in social media platforms
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk7zp-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.