Meteorologist - WAFF
WAFF is the dominant station in the Tennessee Valley. We cover breaking news and weather all with a heart for the community We live and work in. WAFF - Huntsville, AL - https://youtu.be/VS_i2SeD_xo
WAFF is looking a dynamic & engaging meteorologist for weekend mornings and regular on-air work 3 days a week. The candidate also engages on our digital platforms for the First Alert Weather team.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze raw scientific data, models, and other available and relevant information to create an accurate weather forecast for our viewing area.
- Create a compelling, conversational presentation of weather forecast for broadcast, streaming, digital, and social media audiences
- Accurately forecast and track severe weather
Communicate with news staff to inform editorial decision-making
- Bachelor's degree in meteorology, atmospheric science, or related field AMS seal preferred
- 2+ years of experience as a broadcast meteorologist required
- Demonstrated mastery of digital and social media strategy
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritize tasks and information under pressure are required
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have scheduling flexibility
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0zj01-18-207-157-152-42 in your application.