WAFF is Huntsville Alabama's #1 news station. We have a dominant digital presence in North Alabama and throughout the Tennessee Valley. Visit www.waff.com to learn more.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Must be a strong writer, deeply knowledgeable about all current events, and have quick and thoughtful news judgment. The reporter position will write for WAFF's website and social pages.
- Will appear on camera through our 48 Now OTT desk, pitching to breaking news, live-streaming events and other stories throughout the day. You will promote upcoming newscasts and drive urgent coverage.
- Will adapt quickly to breaking news and explore all avenues and sources for content.
- Will assist with daily coverage, both online and on air.
- Experience with digital video creation and OTT technologies is preferred.
- Must be a team player with a great attitude, possess a strong sense of ethics and integrity, and bring professionalism, personality, energy, confidence and team spirit to our multi-platform newsroom.
- College Degree in Journalism, Communications, English or a similarly related field
- 1 year digital content experience including writing and video
- Competence in reporting live, online and on air
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d91x2z-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.