Digital Content Manager - WAFB
DIGITAL CONTENT MANAGER (DCM) - WAFB
WAFB-TV, Louisiana's News Channel, is the dominant CBS affiliate in Baton Rouge and the recent winner of a National Edward R. Murrow award for Best Newscast.
WAFB has an immediate opening for a Digital Content Manager to lead our innovative digital news team. Our station has one of the largest digital teams in the country and we recently built a second state-of-the-art CTV (OTT) studio at our station. The DCM oversees daily operations across all of our digital platforms.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Coordinate with news director and assistant news director on strategies for digital department
- Understand and execute ethical, responsible news judgment
- Oversee all digital platforms for WAFB and other related products
- Monitor traffic and analytics, find ways to continue existing growth
- Write stories, create social media posts, app alerts and related content
- Coordinate with other departments on digital projects
- Help lead news staff, providing insight, guidance and managerial feedback
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or related field preferred
- Proven track record working in broadcast journalism, with experience in digital field
- Strong writing, editing and communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task and deliver on tight deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure
Come join our dynamic news team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WAFB-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g483yq-3-233-221-90-42 in your application.