WACH is seeking an experienced, hands-on News Director with strong leadership skills and a bold style to lead one of growing local newsrooms. Our mission is to produce impact stories with a distinctive focus on accountability reporting.
• Managing the station's news operations, setting budgets, establishing goals and directing the staff that produces 30+ hours of local news weekly
• Responsible for initiating and managing growing content delivery on multiple platforms
• Work closely with local and corporate management to establish News content, philosophy and direction
• Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control, brand compliance, and subsequently provide feedback to all news staff
• Recruiting, hiring and negotiating contracts for news department personnel
• Collaborate with other managers to develop marketing plans, establish ratings goals, and effectively reach said goals
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Must have a working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws
• Will bring strong fiscal experience for both operational and capital expenditures
• Must have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple hours of daily newscasts on two stations and must have a proven track record of success in building a winning news organization
• Journalism degree and a minimum of five years experience in news management with noted leadership skills is required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!