WACH is looking for a talented and energetic Chief Meteorologist interested in joining our News Team. As the Chief Meteorologist, you will oversee all meteorologist functions at the station. As our Meteorologist, you are responsible for the content of the weather cast on-air and on our digital platforms. In this role, you will work with the News Director and our Meteorologists to determine the format of various weather graphics, segments, and the best way to present our community the weather information they need to plan their days and be safe in the event of severe weather. We are looking for a candidate who is excited by the challenge of forecasting the always unpredictable weather and leading a team.
The main day to day responsibilities of the role will include…
• Forecasting, Producing and Presenting clear and concise weather casts, which tell a story and connect with viewers
• Issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and report live during weather events
• Utilize social media during severe weather, as well as write weather stories
• Manage a team of meteorologists
• Make public appearances on behalf of the station
• Pitching story ideas and developing contacts
• Work with producers to determine relevant weather content in breaking and everyday situations
• Work on special projects
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
• Ability to tell memorable and meaningful stories, we value visual and compelling storytelling
• Ability to demonstrate experience with active and visual live shots
• In Depth Knowledge of forecasting
• Sharp news judgement and exceptional writing skills
• Ability to multitask while meeting deadlines and prioritizing tasks
• Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Two years' experience in weather presentation and reporting preferred
• Experience in management
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2eme7-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.