New York, NY
WABC-TV, News York's number on station and the most watched station on the country, seeks an Executive Producer in the Programming Department. The EP, Programming, will responsible for all production aspects of non-news content from inception to distribution. This role includes managing both staff and temporary employees and scheduling both union and non-union employees to produce, shoot and edit in various locations throughout the NY DMA locations as well as in the station's studios. This role will be a liaison to other content creators throughout The Walt Disney Company and collaboration and will work daily with colleagues in News, Marketing, Graphics, Legal, Technology, PR and Sales to optimize the distribution monetization of material across all the company's platforms. There is also a heavy emphasis on working directly with station clients and partners.
• Create long and medium-form content for all WABC linear, digital and social platforms
• Research, interview, script and produce for formats ranging for studio, field and branded content
• Shoot and edit independently when needed
• Communicate across the station and the company
• Working knowledge of media servers, control rooms and live remotes is critical
• Strong knowledge shared digital video editing workflows and newsroom computer systems
• Excellent communication skills
• Proven ability to build, manage and lead a team
• Entertainment long-form producing
• Non-linear editing with Adobe Premiere or similar
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent education
• Bachelor's degree in Communications or Journalism
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.