WHO WE ARE
The Senior Accounting Tax Manager at Vox Media leads all tax functions including tax provision work, income tax returns, planning, compliance and research. This role is a key member of the Finance Team reporting to the Corporate Controller. The ideal candidate will be ready to join a fast-paced environment, lead change, and be excited to build scalable, controlled processes.
The Accounting team is part of Vox Media, the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what's now, what's next, and what's possible.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Develop and maintain processes to help the company maintain compliance with local, federal and international tax laws and regulations.
• Own tax provision preparation and related financial statement disclosures in collaboration with third party vendors
• Manage the preparation of income tax returns by providing financial information to outside tax preparers; reviewing their workpapers and ensuring timely filing of all state and federal income tax returns.
• Collaborate with other departments in cross departmental projects such as the preparation of tax projections, research of the tax implication of new business initiatives, reconciliation of tax related balances during month end close.
• Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments and communicate the effects to management.
• Prepare sales and use returns, UK VAT tax filings, business personal property returns and business license registrations and renewals.
• Prepare and file other tax obligations, including New York and other state's commercial rent taxes.
• Manage and facilitate tax examinations.
WHO YOU ARE
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
• 8-10 years of experience focused in tax areas within a complex accounting environment.
• Demonstrated leadership and technical tax expertise with tax concepts, practices and procedures, especially around income tax provision and federal and state income tax returns for partnerships and corporations.
• Experience with tax compliance for multiple domestic and international subsidiaries.
• Strong IT application skills – Expert-level Excel including extensive experience with pivot tables and VLOOKUPs. Proficient in Netsuite or similar ERP.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to work under pressure while maintaining an emphasis on attention to detail, quality, and positivity.
Bonus points for:
• CPA certification
• Experience working in emerging growth technology industries
WHERE YOU'LL WORK
This job is remote.
The salary range listed below represents the minimum and maximum base pay for this position at the time of this posting. Final salary offered to the candidate selected for the position will be based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills and experience.
$130,000 — $150,000 USD
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw27oy-44-200-101-84-42 in your application.