WHO WE ARE
Vox Media is the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what's now, what's next, and what's possible.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
Vox Media's Revenue organization handles advertising and marketing partnerships with brands and agencies, as well as lines of business in consumer revenue and commerce across the organization.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Programmatic Partnerships Director will evangelize Vox Media's programmatic advertising solutions across our premium editorial portfolio, as well as the publisher-led marketplace Concert, with programmatic demand partners including agencies, DSPs, and brand clients.
Success in this role means consistently growing revenue across premium programmatic transaction types (Private Auction, Preferred Deal, Programmatic Guaranteed) while helping to enhance Vox Media's standing with buyers in the programmatic ecosystem. The Programmatic Partnerships team works closely with internal revenue stakeholders as programmatic subject matter experts, while also directly developing and maintaining client relationships and partnerships to drive business impact.
• Work in collaboration with Integrated Sales team to generate and grow Vox Media's premium programmatic revenue for Private Auction, Preferred Deal, & Programmatic Guaranteed transactions
• External lead for adoption and execution of the Concert SSP
• Function as a sales resource and consultative programmatic expert across accounts within assigned alignment, regularly participating in client meetings and communications
• Collaborate and provide strategic recommendations on hybrid (Direct & Programmatic) RFPs and media plans
• Develop and grow relationships with programmatic buyers to drive incremental demand and revenue
• Live campaign/deal communication internally and externally surrounding deal management and upsell opportunities
• Function as a center of internal programmatic expertise to assist internal partners and external clients on programmatic process and activation
• Master and manage the programmatic process internally and externally for programmatic solutions such as Vox Media's publisher advertising marketplace Concert and our custom High Impact Athena unit
• Reduce programmatic account attrition by ensuring program goals are met and exceeded
• Present QBRs and campaign wrap ups in conjunction with Sales and Agency Partnerships
WHO YOU ARE
• BA/BS degree
• 3+ years of relevant account management or sales experience responsible for generating digital media revenue required
• Programmatic experience at a Publisher or DSP/SSP
• Exhibits good time management; is driven by the numbers; and understands what's needed in order to be successful in a revenue generating role
• Understands the programmatic technical landscape for PMP and PG transactions
• Has experience working directly with agency teams and clients in a customer facing role
• Strong process management and analytical skills, making it easy to juggle multiple client needs and projects
• Clear communicator and creative problem solver, that exhibits the ability to reason through large ambiguous problems
• Ability to quickly master the nuances of a complex industry with many moving pieces and constant change
• Engaged team player with strong interpersonal skills who knows how to achieve sales results for the company and clients
• Experience working with high growth clients
• An appropriately unique and diverse skill set to get the job done
• Team mentality but can work autonomously to maintain and grow revenue for Vox Media's Concert/Programmatic team
• Big thinker- Do you bring fresh ideas to the table?
• The right traits to work harmoniously and without ego across teams
• The right traits to work successfully as an internal and external partner to our sales teams
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! We've hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, and sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOU'LL WORK
This position can work remotely. It's preferred that the person is based in New York City or Los Angeles for shoots, in-person meetings and events. We're dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees, and when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g622on-3-238-204-167-42 in your application.