WHO WE ARE
Vox Media is the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what's now, what's next, and what's possible.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
Vox Media's Revenue organization handles advertising and marketing partnerships with brands and agencies, as well as lines of business in consumer revenue and commerce across the organization.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Programmatic Partnerships Associate Director at Vox Media will evangelize our O&O and Concert's advertising solutions with programmatic demand partners, and Growth sales account advertisers with the expectation of developing deeper programmatic relationships and growing revenue. This role will work closely across various internal teams as well as maintain client-facing communication to close programmatic business and create retention and renewal strategies to drive revenue for PMP and PG transactions.
What you'll do:
The Programmatic Partnerships Associate Director will be the primary day-to-day lead on behalf of the Programmatic Partnerships team to help grow and manage premium programmatic deals and partnerships. This role will work closely across various internal teams as well as maintain client-facing communication to maximize performance, revenue, deal health, and customer service of all PMP deals from start to finish. This role will report to the Director of Programmatic Partnerships.
• Maximize PMP campaign performance and revenue by preparing reports, analyzing data (performance and delivery), initiating upsell recommendations, and identifying tactical optimizations to further increase success rate and renew/grow current business
• Live campaign/deal communication internally and externally surrounding deal management, optimizations, troubleshooting and enhancement opportunities
• Complete Programmatic RFIs for agency and brand clients interested in Vox Media or Concert programmatic inventory
• Partner across the organization to coordinate efforts between other cross-functional teams as necessary to help ensure campaign and account success, as well as broader programmatic competence and comfortability
• Join sellers, Account Managers, and Programmatic Directors on client calls and e-mail communication to answer tactical questions as well as further evangelize Vox Media's programmatic value proposition and differentiation
• Function as a center of internal programmatic expertise to assist internal partners and external clients with programmatic process and activation
• Help to master and manage the programmatic activation process internally and externally for non-standard programmatic solutions such as Concert and the Athena unit
• Reduce account attrition by ensuring program goals are met and exceeded
• QBRs and campaign wrap ups in conjunction with Sales and Client Success teams
WHO YOU ARE
• BA/BS degree
• 2+ years of relevant experience in digital media
• Programmatic experience at a DSP, Agency, or Publisher a plus
• Strong process management and analytical skills, making it easy to juggle multiple client needs and projects
• Creative problem solver, with proven ability to reason through large ambiguous problems
• Can quickly master the nuances of a complex industry with many moving pieces and constant change
• An engaged team player with strong interpersonal skills who knows how to achieve results for the company and clients
• Experience working with high growth clients. Proven success building relationships with and influencing the perspective of decision makers
• Optimizations for performance as well as looking at bid metrics to provide bid guidance
• Partner with sales, account management, and operations to ensure campaign success and internal education
• Facilitate troubleshooting and activation conversations for The Athena; work as a liaison between client/activation teams and Vox media's product and design teams.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We've hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, and sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOU'LL WORK
This job is remote. We're dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees, and when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
WHY VOX MEDIA?
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves and create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products and services come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency and communication. Learn more about our values here, and our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team (email@example.com).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, and how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj9p41-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.