Director, Programmatic Partnerships
New York, NY
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company's ''Most Innovative Companies in Media,'' an Inc. ''Company of the Year,'' Digiday's ''Best
The Executive Director, Planning & Yield will be an integral part of the Revenue Operations group and Revenue leadership team, responsible for pricing, packaging, planning and yield across all Vox Media brands and advertising lines of business. This role will work closely Client Success, Sales, Marketing, Vox Creative, and Insights & Innovation functions and across Content, Video, Programmatic, Experiential and Podcast businesses.
What you'll do:
• Develop, implement and evolve current yield operating practice to support dynamic business across a number of different clients, categories and advertising product lines.
• Oversee Solutions Planning organization, including all media plan creation, pre sale support and collaboration across revenue.
• Own advertising rate card, proactively make changes based on yield signals throughout the year, factoring direct and programmatic businesses.
• Support Partnerships & Strategy in ownership of upfront and partner specific pricing agreements.
• Partner with advertising lines of business to strategically package inventory based on internal and external feedback, go to market timing and historical demand.
• Own order management system relationship and oversee product and package creation.
• Provide quarterly updates to revenue executive team on trends, pricing/packaging strategies and general observations
• Coordinate with other internal teams, including Client Success, Sales, Marketing, Insights and Innovation & Vox Creative to evolve existing processes for handoffs, troubleshooting & escalation
• Work closely with sales management and finance to evaluate performance, and the impact of specific initiatives. Provide business intelligence to drive executive decisions.
• Partner with sales leadership to find opportunities to increase revenue, improve salesforce efficiency, and scale our business effectively.
• Stakeholder in workflow from CRM to order management system.
• Oversee and manage a variety of priority Revenue projects.
What you'll bring:
• 7-9 years of digital media experience
• Strong analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Solid understanding of digital advertising metrics and the current industry trends
• Familiarity with Operative, DFP, Google Analytics
• Excellent computers skills, including advanced knowledge of Excel
• Ability to handle a heavy workload and mediate a large volume of demands and requests
• Smart and quick proactive learner with organizational agility and strong attention to detail. Willingness and ability to learn and do whatever is needed to see a project through to completion
• Must be comfortable communicating at all levels from C-Suite to junior team members, with cross-functional teams and both internal and external customers
• Have an entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial mindset.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d55vxe-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.