About this role:
As a community of journalists and storytellers, revenue and business professionals, creators and technologists we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and our industry, through our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
The DEI+ Associate will support DEI+ planning and implementation activities working with staff across Vox Media. This is a position for someone who is excited to support projects and assist with change within the organization. This role will report to the Program Manager, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion or the Head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
What you'll do:.
Program/Initiative Support and Coordination
• Support the DEI+ Program Manager in planning, coordinating, monitoring and/or reporting on all DEI+ activities, with a focus on culture and engagement at Vox Media.
• Assist DEI+ leadership and task forces established to support the execution of DEI+ initiatives. Tasks may include but are not limited to scheduling, note-taking, identifying follow up actions and tracking on them.
• Partner with departments across Vox Media to create process(es) to track/monitor all DE&I related data and efforts, including budgets, engagement and more.
• Assist in the completion of DEI+-related benchmarking surveys requested by external organizations
• Centralize all DEI+ related information including (but not limited to) strategies, programs, resources, events and vendors for transparency and access across the DEI+ team and for reference to Company leadership and support teams.
• Execute plans to support employee resource groups including program development and organizing company-wide cultural activities/events relevant to each affinity group.
• Work with ERG Leaders as needed to identify internal/external resources.
• Support additional projects as needed.
• In collaboration with the DEI+ Program Manager, curate published articles, assist in editing and populating company-wide newsletter(s) with DEI+ updates relevant to the DEI+'s efforts
• Update and maintain the distribution of DE&I resources and promotional materials through Vox Media's internal platforms (MyVoxMedia.com, Slack, etc.).
• Implement communication efforts in concert with Internal Communications to ensure timely and effective distribution of information about DE&I efforts across Vox Media
• Draft communications (for distribution in Slack, email, etc.) related to DEI+ programming and efforts to be sent by DEI+, P&C or other Company leadership
What you'll bring:
• 2+ years experience with diversity, equity and inclusion work
• Strong administrative and organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to balance and prioritize workload under deadlines and multiple commitments
• Proven track record in initiating and successfully support projects according to outlined scope, budget and timeline
• Ability and willingness to be an ally to individuals who are different from oneself
• Ability to handle confidential and highly sensitive information discreetly;
• Ability to escalate issues and/or conflict to DE&I leadership
• Awareness of and ability to manage own biases
• Experience thriving in a fast-paced, informal, team-based environment
• Excellent writing and communication skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvkx6n-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.