Visual Data Media Services
We currently are looking for a QA Operator-Temporary, in our Digital Services Department, located in Burbank, California.
Candidates must be self-motivated, with superior work ethic and ability to work to strict delivery deadlines, with minimal direct supervision. Must have the ability to review and understand technical specs as they pertain to the creation of and delivery to digital distribution platforms.
The QA Operator supports the Digital Services and IO Departments by assisting with the pre-qualification and pre-delivery verification of assets to ensure content accuracy.
· Perform asset pre-qualification to validate the file integrity
· File and hard drive verification & vetting
· Pre-delivery content checks
· Commercial break identification
· Subtitle burn-in identification
· Foreign language verification
· Resolve issues either technical or deadline related, and collaborate with operational departments and client services, towards a timely resolution
· Maintain an awareness of Visual Data’s client’s core challenges and internal deadlines and build proactive and collaborative relationships
· Engage in on-going training
· Operation of various asset and workflow management tools
· Represent and uphold all department policies and procedures and maintain an exceptional level of service for our customers
· Undertake additional department duties as required
Desired Skills and Experience
· 1+ years of post-production or media distribution experience
· Results oriented with strong attention to detail
· Excellent interpersonal and both written and verbal communication skills
· Strong multi-tasker, with experience with organizing and managing multiple priorities, while retaining comprehensive knowledge of multiple workflows
· Strong ability to follow direction, work unsupervised, at a fast pace in a calm and collected manner
· Ability to troubleshoot and act as a critical thinker
· Working knowledge of frame rates, aspect ratios, file types, video and audio anomalies a plus
· Continual computer keyboard and monitor use while sitting to perform desk-related work for extended periods of time.
· Continual use of telephone system to receive and convey information
· Occasional walking, grasping, reaching, bending, carrying, and lifting (up to 20 lbs.).
· Position may require employee to be available to work overtime, depending on the Company service requirements.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
Visual Data Media Services authorizes and provides an unpaid meal period, which must be taken for at least thirty minutes and it must commence before the end of the fifth hour of employment. If a non-exempt employee works more than ten hours in one day, the employee may take a second unpaid meal period of at least thirty minutes, which may be waived by mutual consent of both the employer and employee provided the first meal period was taken as long as a Meal Break Waiver Form is on file with Human Resources. If the total work period per day is no more than six hours, the meal period may be waived by mutual consent of both the employer and employee.
Visual Data Media Services authorizes and provides duty-free rest periods for all non-exempt employees. Rest periods consist of at least ten minutes of "net" rest time for each four-hour work period or a major fraction thereof. Rest periods generally occur in the middle of the work shift to the extent practicable. Rest periods are not documented in employee time records.
The QA Operator-Temporary position works in an office environment, utilizing a phone, computer and printed data to perform work. The office environment is typically quiet with ambient temperatures that are normally controlled by heater units or A/C units. The QA Operator-Temporary often sits for long periods of time and may work in a time-sensitive environment related to client and service completion, resulting in a demanding and fast paced environment.
In the event that an employee is or becomes disabled from performing one or more of the essential functions of the job, Visual Data Medial Services will engage in an interactive dialogue in a good faith attempt to identify a reasonable accommodation that permits a qualified employee to perform the essential functions of the employee’s job if the requested accommodation does not result in an undue hardship to the company.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r115bm-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.