We are excited to announce that we currently have a position open for a Digital Services Operator for our Digital Services Department, located in Burbank, California.
The position requires availbility for the following shifts (4pm-12:30am) or (5pm-1:30am)
- Benefit eligible position
Candidates must be self-motivated, with superior work ethic and ability to work to strict delivery deadlines, with minimal direct supervision. Must have the ability to review and understand technical specs as they pertain to the creation of content for digital distribution platforms.
The Digital Services Department encodes, transcodes and edits digital content. This position is responsible for executing the day to day work for the Digital Services Department, while ensuring accuracy and on-time completion.
- Receive assignments/work orders from client services
- Utilizing various editing platforms and/or encoding and transcoding software, execute work orders in a timely manner
- Perform quality control measures to ensure all work is accurate
- Update media order systems and log all time accurately
- Resolve issues either technical or deadline related, and collaborate with operational departments and client services, towards a timely resolution
- Maintain company quality standards by adhering to checklists and departmental directives
- Work with department manager to create and improve workflows
- Represent and uphold all department policies and procedures and maintain an exceptional level of service for our customers
- Participate in training, as needed
- Undertake additional department duties as required
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of post-production or media distribution experience
- Results oriented with strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and both written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge with Encoding / Transcoding concepts and processes
- Strong knowledge with creating content for Digital Distribution Platforms. i.e. - iTunes, Netflix, Amazon, Google, PlayStation, Xbox
- Strong knowledge of 4K and HDR (either Dolby Vision or HDR10) and how they apply to industry specs
- Must have experience with creating IMF and DCP. Candidates will be required to take a test for both.
- Must have experience with Final Cut Pro 7, X and Premiere and all peripheral compression software apps; Clipster, Transkoder. Candidates will be required to take a Final Cut Pro 7 test.
- Working knowledge of frame rates, aspect ratios, file types
- Working knowledge of Audio, HD and SD Video Signal Flow, Physical and File Based Formats, Aspect Ratios, Frame Rates and Conversion Processes
- Must have experience with conversion software/hardware such as Alchemist Platinum or Teranex
- Strong multi-tasker, with experience with organizing and managing multiple priorities, while retaining comprehensive knowledge of multiple workflows
- Strong ability to follow direction, work unsupervised, at a fast pace in a calm and collected manner
- Ability to troubleshoot and act as a critical thinker
- Familiarity with Closed Captioning and Subtitling creation and embedding
- Familiarity with Telestream Vantage workflows, MacCaptions, FFMpeg, ProTools a plus
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Knowledge of television production equipment and software is required
- Knowledge of studio-based production and post production techniques required
- Understanding of technical workflows is required
- Positive, collaborative and unselfish interpersonal skills with strong verbal, written communication skills, including the ability to effectively convey requests and ideas to editors, graphic and audio designers, talent, etc., are required
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Willing and able to learn, understand, and grow with the business
- Team-oriented in a highly collaborative environment
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Flexible during times of change
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Able to execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Desire to mentor and train less experienced/junior to mid-level employees
- Proficiency in Word & Excel with basic math skills
- Familiarity with graphics & editing programs is a plus
- Good organizational and project coordination skills are necessary, including the ability to compile materials. Good problem solving skills and the ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities and time constraints
- Willingness to work nights, weekends, flexible hours, work on location, etc
- Knowledge of business and customer service and service methods
- Skill in understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Skill in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- The ability to work independently at tasks that require concentration
- Language and communication skills to receive instructions, follow directions, and work both productively and safely
- Continual computer keyboard and monitor use while sitting to perform desk-related work for extended periods of time.
- Continual use of telephone system to receive and convey information
- Occasional walking, grasping, reaching, bending, carrying, and lifting (up to 20 lbs.).
- Position may require employee to be available to work overtime, depending on the Company service requirements.
- Position may require employee to be available to work 8 hours a day and 5 days a week, depending on the Company scheduling requirements
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
Visual Data Media Services authorizes and provides an unpaid meal period, which must be taken for at least thirty minutes and it must commence before the end of the fifth hour of employment. If a non-exempt employee works more than ten hours in one day, the employee may take a second unpaid meal period of at least thirty minutes, which may be waived by mutual consent of both the employer and employee provided the first meal period was taken as long as a Meal Break Waiver Form is on file with Human Resources. If the total work period per day is no more than six hours, the meal period may be waived by mutual consent of both the employer and employee.
Visual Data Media Services authorizes and provides duty-free rest periods for all non-exempt employees. Rest periods consist of at least ten minutes of "net" rest time for each four-hour work period or a major fraction thereof. Rest periods generally occur in the middle of the work shift to the extent practicable. Rest periods are not documented in employee time records.
The Digital Services Operator position works in an office environment, utilizing a phone, computer and printed data to perform work. The office environment is typically quiet with ambient temperatures that are normally controlled by heater units or A/C units. The Digital Services Operator often sits for long periods of time and may work in a time-sensitive environment related to client and service completion, resulting in a demanding and fast paced environment.
In the event that an employee is or becomes disabled from performing one or more of the essential functions of the job, Visual Data Medial Services will engage in an interactive dialogue in a good faith attempt to identify a reasonable accommodation that permits a qualified employee to perform the essential functions of the employee’s job if the requested accommodation does not result in an undue hardship to the company.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d55m71-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.