Role x You
The Travel & Expense Assistant will support the Global T&E Manager with the operations of Travel and Expense, from reconciliations of credit cards to ad hoc queries to system improvements projects. The successful candidate will come from an accounting degree background with the ability to multitask with collaborative and hands-on efforts. The role will report to the Global T&E Manager.
• Assist the handling of exceptions from the offshore T&E team with regards to expense rejections, reconciliation queries and ad hoc queries
• Support with month-end closing and accruals
• Assist with providing reporting on T&E spend
• Work on T&E projects designed around report analysis and system improvements
• Assist with ensuring timely and accurate creation of regional payment forecasts for Treasury purposes
• Assist with accounts aging
• Concur administration duties, including but not limited to updating user profiles, rerouting reports, raising cases with Concur SAP support, assigning credit cards, scheduling Concur reports, etc.
• Respond to Concur queries, such as updates to employee bank details, payment queries, missing project codes, advice on cash advance processes, adding a delegate, etc.
• Support internal and external audit
• Assist with creating T&E decks and maintaining them
• Ensure processes are followed and escalations enabled
• Identify processes for improvement and support implementation of new processes
• Ensure credit card reconciliations are submitted and correct
• Assist with business partnering with stakeholders including providing training
• Ad hoc projects as assigned
• Ensure cash advances are actioned, ensure compliance, update the weekly forecast, and follow up for timely reconciliation of advances
• Ensure business queries are resolved in a timely manner
• Ensure new and current employees are trained and have knowledge on T&E processes and policies
• 2+ years working in a T&E function
• Degree in business or finance related area
• Knowledge of Concur and Netsuite
• Solid understanding of process and data workflows
• Strong Excel and analysis skills (pivot and v-lookup minimum)
• Experience with SAP Concur Expense, Reporting and Travel modules -user and admin, work flows and integration
• Experience of working with credit cards and cash advances (not only approving expense claims but admin portals and integrations)
• Ability to understand flow of credit cards, cash advances and expenses into a finance system
• Ability to perform reconciliations
• Solid understanding of accounting internal controls
• Ability to work collaboratively across regions with an onshore team
• Organized, reliable, detail-oriented, hands-on, proactive and responsive
You have these
• Strong interpersonal and teaming skills
• Strong work ethic and a problem-solving mindset
• Flexible and adaptable based on changing needs and environment
• A mindset to improve and develop
We'd love if you also have these
• Experience in a rapidly changing global business with a wide range of goods and services under management
• Any European language is a plus
Working at VICE:
We want to find people who believe in our mission and goals and feel inspired to grow while they're here, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got. VICE Media Group prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' difference s , we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know by contacting Accommodations@vice.com. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
VICE Media (VICE.com, VICE Studios, VICE TV, Virtue, VICE News, Refinery29, PULSE Films, i-D) is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual, and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it's about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique, and that's what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Candidates, please note that if you are contacted by anyone with an email other than @vice.com purporting to be recruiting on behalf of Vice Media, it is not legitimate, and you should not engage.
The salary range is subject to change and may be amended in the future. Experience, education, skills, and other factors are considered when determining the salary offered.
Pay Range Details:
New York/California: 54,000 - 58,000 USD
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw22nj-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.