Vice Media Group
Role x You
As a key contributor on the global People, Culture, and Impact team, the Specialist, Talent Management will help to create an inclusive culture in which every person can reach their full potential, and that will attract, develop, retain, and engage extraordinary emerging talent. You will report to the Manager, Talent Management and be responsible for assisting with ongoing implementation of early career programs, onboarding and orientation initiatives that will drive performance, professional growth, employee engagement and a strong workplace culture. You will execute initiatives that help us to better know our talent and provide career pathing opportunities. This role helps monitor the heartbeat of employee experience and engagement through new hire orientations, performance management, talent mapping, employee surveys, coordinating Community Groups and early career programs and much more.
• Help execute talent management, employee engagement, and Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI) initiatives for VICE's global population of diverse and passionate employees.
• Manage, design and oversee Emerging Talent programs and corresponding events, including Internships and 2030 Fellowship, domestically and internationally.
• Manage the on-boarding and orientation for new US employees and the off-boarding and exit processes for US employees, coordinating with Talent Acquisition and HRIS where appropriate. Support the building of structures, policies and workflows to ensure that onboarding, role transitions and off-boarding are done in a professional manner and consistently focuses on the employee experience. Implement campus strategy to identify talented, diverse, early career candidates that can support organizational priorities and strategies for VICE Media Group's business.
• Coordinate with HRBPs and the business to build a diverse talent pipeline that supports entry-level hiring.
• Assist in the management and administration of performance management processes, including the development and refinement of various talent programs – including goal setting, quarterly reviews, succession planning, talent mapping and calibrations, and objective end of year conversations.
• Support the management and administration of diversity, equity and inclusion programs across the organization, including coordinating Community Groups and DEI Councils which provide a constructive platform for living the values of the organization.
• Assist in measuring and monitoring culture and employee sentiment change – using questionnaires, surveys, focus groups and other tools to gather feedback and report results
• Track and measure meaningful talent metrics to ensure program effectiveness.
You have these:
• 3 years designing engaging, creative, and impactful early career programming
• Early career recruitment experience
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, organizational and stakeholder management skills.
But we'd also love if you have these:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Prior experience supporting the Learning & Development needs within the media industry
• Experience in utilizing and leveraging HR systems
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71k0q-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.