Manager, Talent Management
Vice Media Group
Role x You
The incoming Senior Director, Talent Management will oversee the HR functions primarily responsible for ensuring that the employee experience at VICE Media Group is one that continuously supports our employees' development, sense of belonging and careers throughout the various phases of their time with VICE from onboarding and career advancement/development. The VP, Talent Management will have ownership for all aspects of learning & development, ensuring that our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is embedded in our practices, policies, development programs and talent strategy. The individual in this role will lead a global team that will equip our people and managers with tools and frameworks they need to be successful in a purposeful, inclusive and performance-driven culture. This role will further oversee our Community Groups, VICE's Employee Resource Groups and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and Impact Council. This role reports directly to VICE Media Group's Chief People Officer. This role is a unique combination of strategic, transformational, operational, and tactical leadership.
• Lead and manage a team responsible for designing progressive talent management infrastructure, processes and frameworks from the first touch point of an employees' experience to the last point of the employees experience.
• Lead the learning & development teams and develop programs that understand drivers of talent and career development. Design solutions focused on employee engagement, inclusion and retention.
• Working closely with CPO, take lead on DEI related initiatives that impact the employee experience and Impact initiatives. This includes overseeing Community Groups and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and Impact Council. This role also oversees all related KPIs and reporting.
• Provide thought leadership on topics of onboarding and development including calibration, training, compliance and efficiencies.
• Champion and create buy-in for testing and implementing new talent management technologies and solutions.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required (or equivalent work experience).
• A minimum of 10 years of broad HR experience, to include Talent Development and/or Management, DEI, CSR, Leadership Development and Management Training, Performance Management, and designing/implementing/managing multiple complex projects globally.
• Excellent consultative and communication skills and proven ability to influence and articulate point of view and data in a clear and compelling manner.
• Proven ability to establish strategy and to translate it into an effective, long-term action plan.
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to drive large-scale cultural change efforts globally, while partnering with key stakeholders.
• Ability to work effectively within a collaborative, team-oriented culture.
• Maintains a global perspective; keen awareness of cultural distinctions and the implications on the public perception of VICE's brand.
• Goal-oriented and comfortable with ambiguity, and able to prioritize in a dynamic environment.
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.