Senior Account Director, i-D (12 Month FTC)
VICE x Team
The Account Management team is small but mighty. Managing multiple programs spanning several brands, verticals and markets - the team is expected to roll up their sleeves and chip in where necessary to ensure the best possible outcome for VICE Media and our clients - alongside a variety of other interesting things that will come your way.
Being part of a small team means you will have the chance to really help shape the future of VICE Media and the department itself, working closely with senior members of VICE+ to create the best possible outcome for the business and our clients.
The team is made up of individuals from various backgrounds and thrives on diversity, self-sufficiency and personal ownership over the work we do. However, not one person can know everything, and that is why we breed a culture of curiosity and openness to help us all grow and learn from each other. The team atmosphere is highly creative, collaborative and fast paced. We hope you are as well, it's nice when we all like some of the same things.
Role x You
This role requires a determined and adaptable Senior Account Director/Business Director with a passion for the world of luxury fashion, art and beauty. This is a 12 month fixed term contract (Maternity Cover)You will be:
• A self starter, who is ambitious and possesses an intrapreneurial mindset
• Have superb project management skills, be proactive with your approach, and above all, be an excellent and enthusiastic communicator with an intuition around how to solve problems and navigate multiple stakeholders alongside the needs of VICE Media's internal department processes
• Ideally you will have worked on creative development for global brands across multiple sectors. However, personality, being digitally savvy and intrapreneurship are more important than time served, and roles held.
• A strong understanding of the luxury fashion and beauty industry with the ability to advise at both pre and post sale.
The Senior Account Director/Business Director role sits within the commercial team of the VICE Digital line of business, otherwise known as VICE+ which operates across our three main verticals; VICE, i-D and Refinery29.
The Senior Account Directors are the most senior members of the Account Management team and are the only ones in the team with exposure to the presale portion of the program process.
In the short term you will be responsible for the day-to-day management and delivery of work we do for, and in partnership with, our brand and advertising partners ensuring a best in class service across our i-D vertical (and Vice/R29 where workload demands).
This role is the linchpin which ensures the execution of high spec digital programs and branded content solutions across VICE Media's digital ecosystem, working closely with the Heads of Sales, Creatives, Production, Media Operations and i-D editorial teams.
Alongside the Media Operations team you will lead the delivery of all media associated with your programs, from plan sign off, to matching against asset deliverables, through to implementation and setting live.
Then alongside the Data and Insights team, you will be accountable for all deliveries of reports and post campaign analysis to the client.
But after 6 months in this role we see you as a go-to to advise on repeat client creative concepts, offering strategic and knowledgeable insights, whilst guiding the client through the creative production process to delivery and implementation. You will help to shape the strategy for the type of future clients we work with in fashion and luxury whilst looking for opportunities for integration and partnerships within other businesses in the group.
You will support the Heads of Sales in the creation and delivery of pitch materials and advise on potential new business opportunities where possible.
As part of this, work closely with global i-D sales and creative teams to ensure the i-Deas website is kept up to date with key campaigns from local markets, allowing our clients to see our global offering in one destination.
• Working alongside the Heads of Sales on repeat client pitch process during pre-sale workflow as a vertical lead
• Trusted point person for i-D Publisher and MD on all commercial post-sale campaigns, sharing updates as appropriate and raising client queries where necessary.
• Sole Account Management contact for finance (UK and EMEA) in regard to i-D production interco's and revenue recognition, updating the financial controller to ensure billing/revenue dates are in line with the most up to date production and media delivery schedule.
• Optimise the way in which the i-D commercial line of business operates by assessing internal profitability through burn reports against project marginators, monthly or quarterly, with finance. Monthly meetings with the financial controller to ensure billing/revenue dates are in line with the most up to date production and media delivery schedule.
• Utilise experience in talent communications, logistics and events by supporting the Publisher, MD, and Editor-in-Chief on key i-D milestones.
• Work closely with EMEA and global markets in ensuring they are up to date with i-D processes and common goals, utilising our creative, account management and production resource when necessary.
• Support for i-D production queries, working alongside the i-D producer to create topline production budgets and timelines or advising on revenue splits at a pre-sale stage. In line with this working with the producer to advise on Client Service costs and approving overall production margin before Sales input into marginator.
• Managing the communication of the contract process between VICE+ production, sales and the client, ensuring all production deliverables and details are included prior to client approval using the deliverables matrix to give absolute clarity and consistency between the contract and media plan
• Salesforce budget and date tracking, ensuring accuracy for confirmed program deliveries, whilst executing all program transitions into NetSuite alongside the inclusion of necessary documentation
• Spearhead larger incoming i-D campaigns managing the total allocated budget, all internal and external resource including any freelancers and ensure that finance are adequately set up with relevant interco's and changes to Salesforce opportunities, in turn ensuring that revenue is correctly recognised when necessary for the business.
• Working alongside the legal team to ensure CAP, PAGB, and all relevant governing bodies are adhered to alongside client legals during the program lifespan. Inclusive of all GDPR and competition or prize draw functions
• Direct line management of more junior team members enabling you to continue to help to build out the Account Management team, nurturing individual's progression and confidence in navigating the business. This to include highlighting opportunities for retained clients and supporting in their receiving of this.
• Co-management of weekly team meetings to provide full department awareness of all program performance and knowledge shares.
You have these:
• Experience in a similar client facing role
• Experience in delivering brand partnership programs across digital editorial and video
• Strong understanding of the digital advertising and media landsca
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn91mm-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.