Assistant Manager, Marketing
Simon & Schuster
New York, NY
Part-Time Project Manager, Black+
VICE x Team
WHAT IS BLACK+?
Black+ is an annual initiative between Vice Media Group and The National Urban League to provide Black-owned businesses with pro-bono media campaigns, creative marketing services, and mentorship opportunities. We are committed to closing the gap that exists for Black businesses by offering award-winning media capabilities and opportunities to Black entrepreneurs free of charge.
Role x You
We are looking for a contract (temporary) project manager immediately to support our Black+ team 20-24 hours a week through the end of September. We are looking for an experienced and strategic program manager who will help establish the strategic direction of all Black+ projects. This role will define, monitor, and summarize individual Black+ workstreams' scope and progress. Set Black+ deadlines with appropriately assigned responsibilities. Prepare status reports for upper management and stakeholders. Ensure that all team members have the required information and resources to carry out their tasks effectively. Manage communication with external and internal stakeholders (client/brand sponsor, executives, etc.). Provide solutions to project-related issues.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Partner with Black+ leaders to define, monitor and summarize individual Black+ workstreams, scope and progress
• Set Black+ deadlines with appropriately assigned responsibilities
• Work with Business Lead to ensure project timelines are adhered to and key deliverables are on time and on budget
• Prepare status reports for upper management and stakeholders
• Ensure that all team members have the required information and resources to carry out their tasks effectively
• Act as Black+ representative to ensure businesses are strategically integrated into program and benefit from addition of brand sponsor
• Coordinate with internal cross-discipline teams on execution of campaign to ensure integrity of Black+ mission
• Manage communication with external and internal stakeholders (client/brand sponsor, executives, etc.).
• Provide solutions to project-related issues
• Serve as the face of Black+, with the Black+ leads support, to ensure awarded businesses campaign goals are being met; deliver wrap reports, manage the Black+ email alias, and schedule check-ins with businesses throughout the program
• Schedule, brainstorm and vet mentorship sessions, opportunities and various workshops/ meetings between the awarded businesses and internal/external departments at Vice Media Group, National Urban League and community contacts
• Ensure internal and external communications on Black+ are accurate
• Bachelor's Degree
• 2-4 years of professional experience
• Minimum of 2 year's experience in project management of digital content, DEI or socially lead based initiatives
• Non-profit and pro-social campaign experiences a plus
• Community management experience a plus
• Proven track record of executing successful projects
• Great energy, passion and sensitivity for supporting the growth of Black-owned businesses
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Slides, Gmail and Google Drive
• Exceptional written, oral, and professional interpersonal communication skills possessing a keen ability to effectively communicate across internal and external groups
• Fantastic client service ethic and high expectations for quality
• The ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
• Able to work efficiently and productively under tight deadlines
• Ability to work in a group environment or independently, with little supervision
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2216y-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.