Role x You:
The role of the Post Production Supervisor is to support the post-production of news and documentary series produced for Vice World News. This involves onboarding and coordinating with freelance Post Supervisors - along with their assigned teams of editors, assistant editors, archival producers and finishers - for the successful delivery of content on time and to the required specifications. It requires excellent organizational skills, meticulous cost-tracking and a dedication to developing staff and other department resources, as well as the ability to adapt to the challenges of changing circumstances. Key to the role is managing a team of staff editors primarily assigned to the flagship Vice World News series, Vice News Tonight, working with the planning and production teams on efficient scheduling and growth of the team. Importantly, you should be passionate and strive to foster an environment that values creativity and collaborative working.
• Coordinate with freelance Post Supervisors to build and maintain edit schedules and ensure projects are on track for daily delivery and are up to network standards
• Assist building project budgets and ensure accurate cost tracking across all Vice World News projects
• Review planning calendars with production teams to prioritize post-production needs
• Work with the ingest, graphics, archival and finishing team leads to assign appropriate resources to each series
• Supervise workflows using Adobe Premiere, ensuring that each production stage is completed successfully
• Manage the assignment strategy and performance process for Vice News Tonight (and other midform) staff editors
• Oversee hiring process for key roles
• Work with other senior post leads to maintain a talent pipeline for both external and internal candidates
• Manage the performance process of direct reports and develop the skills and experience of all team members
You have these:
• Proven track record leading a post production team
• Experience with broadcast television deliverables
• Fluency in Adobe video production workflows
• Experience managing editors and providing technical support
• Experience with edit workflows under tight deadlines
• Established communication and organizational skill
• Ability to solve problems quickly and think strategically
• Established connections with freelance talent
• Experience working within a union or Cast & Crew environment
• Role will be based either in LA/CA or NY.
Equal opportunity Employer:
VICE Media (VICE.com, VICE Studios, VICE TV, Virtue, VICE News, Refinery29, PULSE Films, i-D) is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual, and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it's about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique, and that's what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8z3z9-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.