London, United Kingdom
Role x You
As Junior Video Editor for VICE World News, you'll be responsible for creating social first video content for our international news brand, ensuring that we're making the most engaging short-form video for audiences across Snapchat, Instagram and TikTok.
You'll work in a multi-disciplinary environment consisting of video producers, motion graphics and social media producers, and you'll have a strong editorial sense for short-form storytelling and visual communication that resonates with audiences directly on these platforms.
• Work closely with a social-first production team to edit and deliver original video content to be published across Snapchat Discover, Instagram Stories and TikTok for VICE World News.
• Adapt longer form VICE World News video content into socially-optimised edits, with a strong focus on achieving strong reach and audience engagement on TikTok.
• Where necessary, liaise with R&C & Legal for projects where necessary to ensure compliance across all productions.
• Work closely with the production team on best practices for mobile storytelling to push the boundaries of how the content is edited to best fit vertical audiences for Snapchat, TikTok and Instagram.
• Use performance insights to analyse the performance of output to drive content programming decisions and improve the quality of work.
• Organizing footage after shoots.
• Preparing footage for edits, pulling shots, cutting down interviews for offline edit, setting up footage for translation or subs.
• Archiving and media management of final completed edits.
• Sourcing music and archives from approved sites.
• Stick to schedules and work within deliveries deadlines.
• Contribute to the development of post-production workflows.
• Expert knowledge of Adobe CC programs.
• Strong understanding of the Vice World News brand and its tone of voice and style.
• Previous experience of editing original video content, ideally within a digital news environment.
• Previous experience in editing video content for social media platforms.
• Strong knowledge of Snapchat, Instagram and TikTok and an understanding of the types of content that resonates with audiences on these platforms.
• Strong visual skills. Ability to think visually and socially about what will entice audiences to engage with content and provide consistent new ideas and concepts for great content.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Experience in working with Asana, Slack and Frame IO project management tools.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roxo51-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.
ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world's largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.