Role x You
Vice Media Group is looking for a passionate, highly professional HR Generalist to join our global HR team based in our NYC (Williamsburg) office. The HR Generalist will be accountable for managing HR fundamentals and practices, handling employee relations, and developing productive, trusting working relationships with designated business leaders across our Digital division.
• Partner with the group HRBP and other HR Generalists to provide broad HR support for assigned client groups in addition to general HR administration.
• Assist in planning and executing union related HR activities, provide assistance with resolving grievances, and the tracking and reporting of union employee and freelancer lists.
• Actively help plan and execute reorganizations and reductions in force/layoffs.
• Liaise with HR COE groups and cross-functional partners, including Benefits, Payroll and Legal to manage and resolve day to day employee issues.
• Assist in onboarding, exit interviews and offboarding of employees.
• Assist in Employee Relations issues, investigations, and complaint resolution.
• Assist in special projects and strategic planning as we scale and build the company.
• Lead and participate in performance management decision-making, including PIPs, development plans, and terminations.
• Assist in developing job descriptions for new roles and backfills and assist in managing headcount approvals and interface with TA.
• Input HRIS changes to reflect all employee changes and provide HRIS reports as needed.
• Primary point of contact for employees interested in exploring mobility and/or immigration issues.
• Maintain, track and provide periodic reports on all expatriate assignments, including interfacing with external law firms to track all visa and work authorization expiry schedules, and make sure all new applications are on track.
• 2-3 years of experience working in Human Resources in a Generalist or similar role.
• Experience working in fast paced dynamic environments, Media industry a plus but not required.
• Experience ensuring compliance with regulatory activities including the Department of Labor, workers compensation, unemployment etc.
• Proven track record with creating solid relationships with internal business partners and stakeholders.
• Interest in examining data and HR metrics to improve the organization.
• You have the discipline, organization, attention to detail and agility to move between different responsibilities.
• You build trust and integrity.
• You are engaging and diplomatic with the ability to be empathetic and understand relationships.
• You are creative and solution oriented.
• You have some knowledge of employment law and basics of union/labor relations.
• You have completed other training or certifications related to HR.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx7ypo-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.