Role x You
Vice Media Group is looking for a passionate, highly motivated HR Generalist to join our global HR team. The HR Generalist will be accountable for providing direction and interpretation of policies and practices, engage in employee relations and performance management through management levels, and developing productive, trusting working relationships with business management across designated client groups.
• Partner with the group HRBP and other HR Generalists to provide broad HR support for assigned client groups in addition to general HR administration.
• Assist in developing job descriptions for new roles and backfills and assist in managing headcount approvals and interface with TA.
• Assist in planning and executing union related HR activities, provide assistance with resolving grievances, and the tracking and reporting of union employee and freelancer lists for US and Canada.
• Responsible for building relationships with client group employees through onboarding conversations, 30 day check-ins, general check-ins, etc.
• Actively help plan and execute reorganizations and reductions in force/layoffs.
• Liaise with HR COE groups and cross-functional partners, including Benefits, Payroll, Compensation and Legal to manage and resolve day-to-day employee issues.
• Assist in onboarding, exit interviews and offboarding of employees.
• Assist in Employee Relations issues, investigations, and complaint resolution.
• Assist in special projects and strategic planning as the organization continues to grow.
• Lead and participate in performance management decision-making, including PIPs, development plans, and terminations.
• Primary point of contact for employees interested in exploring mobility and/or immigration issues.
• Maintain, track and provide periodic reports on all expatriate assignments, including interfacing with external law firms to track all visa and work authorization expiry schedules, and make sure all new applications are on track.
• Provide support and guidance to HR Coordinator
• Perform other ad hoc duties, as assigned
• 2-3 years of experience working in Human Resources in a Generalist or similar role.
• Experience working in fast paced dynamic environments, Media industry a plus but not required.
• Experience ensuring compliance with regulatory activities including the Department of Labor, workers compensation, unemployment etc.
• Proven track record with creating solid relationships with internal business partners and stakeholders.
• Interest in examining data and HR metrics to improve the organization.
• Demonstrated understanding of the core principles about comp strategy and planning.
• Experience with performance management initiatives and systems.
• Experience working with Workday HRIS or other similar system a plus.
• You have the discipline, organization, attention to detail and the agility to move between different responsibilities.
• You build trust and integrity.
• You are engaging and diplomatic with the ability to be empathetic and understand relationships.
• You are creative and solution oriented.
• You have some knowledge of employment law and basics of union/labor relations.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5won3-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.