VICE Media Group's portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design; and VICE NEWS, a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly newscast.
VICE World News x Team
Building off the success of VICE News in the U.S, VICE World News is a newly-launched content hub from VICE Media Group, producing hundreds of hours of international television, digital and audio news programming for a global audience. The premium documentaries, docu-series and original podcasts will focus on the core issues that so define VICE's content: extremism, climate, drugs, privacy, politics, inequality and race.
VICE World News works with agencies and marketers directly to successfully execute integrated marketing campaigns inclusive of media, sponsored editorial, custom content, social, experiential and more. This team works hand in hand with the broader Vice Media Group commercial team to build cohesive solutions for the world's most cutting edge and purpose driven marketers. This agile team works with departments from across the VICE portfolio, tapping into media and production expertise to ensure successful results for the world's most cutting edge and purpose-driven marketers. As a new arm of the European business, you will work directly alongside VICE World News leadership and play a key role in steering the direction of VICE World News commercial partnerships across the region.
Role x You
VICE World News is looking for a Group Account Director to join and support our ambitious, growing global digital news offering by driving forward the International commercial proposition. You will be responsible for delivering profitable sales revenues from multi-region territories for VICE World News, developing strategies and partnerships to grow existing markets, develop new markets, revenue streams and channels to create further opportunities for VWN. You will have recent experience working for a publisher building marketing solutions for clients within the financial services, FMCG, entertainment, technology, auto and/or travel verticals. Most importantly, you are a proven revenue driver, which means you're able to uncover the business needs of your clients, can think strategically about how to solve problems for them and know how decisions are made. You are the consummate team-player and find enjoyment selling collaboratively within a fluid and fast paced environment.
In the short term you will be expected to hit the ground running, developing revenue opportunities, building relationships with key stakeholders and growing your exposure amongst key client stakeholders.
But after 6 months you will be extracting and responding to high value briefs and RFP's in collaboration with the strategy and creative teams, working closely with the Ad Operations, Planning and Creative teams to ensure best in class scoping, planning and delivery of work and campaigns to your clients.
You have these:
• Strong previous media sales experience, working with media agencies and clients across digital, social and content platforms, preferably with a news background.
• The ability to work collaboratively; leading and marshalling multi-disciplinary internal stakeholders towards the client goal.
• Strong communication skills; demonstrating that you can sell & present to senior level marketers in the media space, and prove existing contacts within the market.
• Proven ability to manage all aspects of the sales process; prospect, discovery, presentation, negotiation, service and renewal.
• Flexibility. This is a new team that is extremely collaborative. You are willing to roll-up your sleeves and do what is required to get the job don
• An aptitude to learn in a fast-moving media space with complex products.
• Ability to be the ''voice of the customer'' by working collaboratively with leadership and internal stakeholders to identify new solutions and innovations that create value for our clients and drive revenue.
• The professionalism to act, behave and motivate like a leader of the department empowering and inspiring the direct and wider teams.
We'd love if you also had these:
• A deep knowledge and passion for the digital landscape
• Start-up experience launching a new product within a large media company or independent start-up
• Experience working with a news publisher or brand safety technology provider
• A passion and interest in VICE, it's proposition and its products
• A collaborative spirit, and the ability to work across departments and global offices.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.