VICE x Team:
The Director, Talent Acquisition Europe will partner with the People, Culture and Impact function, referred to functionally as HR as well as specifically work with the Global CoE Talent Acquisition. The role will provide thought leadership and support to business leaders and local HRBPs in Europe, provide tactical and strategic talent acquisition and recruiting leadership.
Role x You
The Director, TA Europe will support all Lines of Businesses in Europe on Talent Acquisition needs and requirements, ensuring that the candidate experience at VICE Media Group is one that continuously supports our employees' development, sense of belonging and careers - from searching and interviewing to onboarding. The Director, TA Europe will report directly to the Director, Talent Acquisition (Global). The Director, TA Europe is a trusted advisor, working closely with European VMG leaders to establish the vision and roadmap for the talent acquisition function in all European markets. As a strategic driver of organizational success, the talent acquisition function spans across recruitment, onboarding, and employer brand experience
In the short term…. Build and maintain solid relationships with HR Business Partners and business leaders to grow business knowledge and departmental objectives, opportunities and current market dynamics
After 6 months…Contribute to the development and implementation of creative sourcing strategies by utilizing the latest techniques, community partnerships and event activations to close sourcing pipeline gaps
The successful candidate will bring deep functional experience and operational leadership, and will drive to innovate and deliver results. Specifically:
• Translate Global recruiting strategies and execute these in Europe to attract, evaluate and hire qualified candidate
• Act as lead recruiter for Europe
• Personally handle senior-level, urgent and complex hiring processes across Europe
• Lead intercultural communication and build understanding of cultural differences in the recruitment approach for Europe
• Partner with local HRBPs for on-the-ground recruitment support for entry-level through management positions
• Evaluate current sourcing and selection procedures as part of the Global TA team; develop and oversee a robust and efficient hiring process that is fair and unbiased
• Implement programs to find the right talent against current and future workforce planning strategies; this includes university visits and presence at external events
• Partner with business leaders and European HRBPs to continue to grow diversity and inclusion efforts; identify key external partners and programs in which we should participate
• Maintain talent pipelines with potential candidates and past applicants for future staffing needs
• Translate internal programming that supports talent acquisition and business goals to European market, such as interviewer training, Hiring Playbook etc.
• Together with the Global TA function, provide thought leadership on topics of talent selection, assessment, onboarding and development including calibration, training, compliance and efficiencies.
You have these…..
• Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in recruitment
• Ability to align various business talent strategies to drive business goals
• Experience working as part of a global matrixed organisation ; Comfort navigating complex, global organizational structures
• Passionate about building great teams, defining strategy, developing processes to ensure the talent acquisition function is running efficientlyStrong organizational skills, high level of efficiency, and ability to manage operations with precision and consistent follow through
• Strong client-service orientation and relationship-building skills across all levels within the organization, as well as externally
• Exhibit poise and savvy with strong communication, negotiation, and influencing skills
We'd love if you also have these:
• Good talent network and contacts with external partners across Europe
• The ability to understand and synthesise a wide range of stakeholder views, constantly listening whilst remaining focused on the overall goal.
• Able to independently juggle multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.